• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick hello,

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought i would stick my head in and say hello.
What can i say? I tried WoW for about 2 years i thnk, got many high level characters and was fun doing somthing new and all that but.....
the WoW community is complete rubbish.
UO really has made a mark on my life forever in a good way.
I know i only started UO in 2002, played for i thnk 7 years but some UO memeries still bring a smile to my face, eg - Hemi being chased by a corrupted wisp at an EM event going round in circles :)
The people in UO are a nice bunch and i feel a bit sad that i left tbh :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So come back? Barian's revolving door is still kept oiled.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heimi still plays occasionally, although I don't know all his characters so I only recognise him on that one ;) You're always eligible for the 14 day free trial at UOHerald, so why not give it a quick go and see if the game bites you again?

Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

I have a vague memory I was able to apply the code to my own old account before renewing it, but I could be entirely incorrect.

As for WoW... yes, I played about the same length of time. I had great fun with it, until I got to the place where raiding was the only way to progress; after which the wonderful guild I was part of became absolutely selfish automatons, every conversation became about how to raid in the most exactly efficient way possible, and it just killed my interest in the game entirely. Having said that, when I left UO 7 years ago now, it was to an even more traumatic backdrop, and here I am again so... if you still miss the game, do think about coming back! And we promise we won't make you get on Ventrillo and ONLY KILL THE MARKED CREATURE DAMNIT!

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Myph, good to see you mate, hope alls well with you.

Hope to see you ingame soon mate .. you know you want to :D

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Myph. ;)

You are always welcome back. If you wanna plunder some boats / hunt pirates, gimme a holla.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there

If you're sad you left, Theres only one solution. :D

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello old friends...
This is exactly my point,
UO community is the best and always a warm welcome :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're headin back and need armour etc etc, gimme a shout :)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive quit 3 times now, still come back everytime wandering why I quit. It is all about the community.

Do as Adol says and use a trial account, even if its just to catchup with old friends for a while :)

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Myph, nice to see you back on the boards. Hope to see you back in game as well :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Better give me a call when u log in next so i can help you find a house to set up in;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah yah...new years resolution...get ya ass back in game...

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok,
I have been playing on a trial account for a few days, got the 'UO' feeling back again. (i would like to say a BIG thankyou to 'lord dark brother' as you made my mind up for me)
So i reactivated one of my accounts (sleepless nights here i come)
Ive read bits and pieces of whats going on in UO atm. (still clueless)
Does anyone do peerless still? any peerless groups at umbra anymore?
I would love to start collecting keys for peerless again if people would like to join, once i have repaired my chars.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Myph, glad to hear your back, hope to see you ingame soon mate :)

The umbra peerless group stopped ages ago, Alyx tried to get it started again in Brit, went well for awhile but then stopped again :(

I'd be up for some hunts though :)

O

Ozzmandias

Guild chat man!

Gawd, the people you have available to you to help out and get keys!!!

Cheers

Oz

S

Stomp

Unexpected suprise, thought you were lost mate. Catch a WoY emmisary if you want reguilding, Like Oz said, you have access to plenty of peerless activity if you want it. After 8pm uk time, you could try shouting in general chat to see if a WoY char is around, Julie is most nights on from about 8pm.

Welcome back !

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unexpected suprise, thought you were lost mate. Catch a WoY emmisary if you want reguilding, Like Oz said, you have access to plenty of peerless activity if you want it. After 8pm uk time, you could try shouting in general chat to see if a WoY char is around, Julie is most nights on from about 8pm.

Welcome back !
Hiya,
I reactivated my 2nd account and it had no WoY chars on it, so i reactivated my main account which helps as it has a char guilded in WoY already.
So many new things, and i still hunt blood elementals :love:

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i still hunt blood elementals :love:

You mean the blood elementals hunt you, ooOoOoooOoo

Not even franky can compete with the amount of days spent in a ghost robe looking for a ress.