• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Quick chivalry question

V

Vakar

This is probably a newbish question but does the chivalry skill ever increase the strength/duration of a chivalry spell or is that totally dependent on the caster's karma level?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only spell that I've heard that was affected by higher chiv is Holy Light, in that you get increased hit area at 120.

C

Connor_Graham

This is probably a newbish question but does the chivalry skill ever increase the strength/duration of a chivalry spell or is that totally dependent on the caster's karma level?
Karma.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry dude, I'm not sure. UOguide claims the below.

Equations for chiv spell length/effectiveness:

Cons Weap:
Duration (square root(Karma + 20000 + (Chivalry * 100)) / 20) in seconds

Enemy of one:
Duration (square root(Karma + 20000 + (Chivalry * 100)) / 1) in seconds

Cleanse by fire:
Description Cures the target of poisons, but causes the caster to be burned by fire damage. The amount of fire damage is lessened if the caster has high Karma. Chance to cure depends on Chivalry skill level and level of poison.

Divine fury:
Duration (square root(Karma + 20000 + (Chivalry * 100)) / 10) in seconds

Dispel Evil:
Description Attempts to dispel evil summoned creatures and cause other evil creatures to flee from combat. Transformed Necromancers may also take Stamina and Mana Damage. Caster's Karma and Chivalry, and Target's Fame or Necromancy affect Dispel chance.

Referenced from:
http://www.uoguide.com/Consecrate_Weapon
http://www.uoguide.com/Enemy_of_One
http://www.uoguide.com/Cleanse_by_Fire
http://www.uoguide.com/Divine_Fury
http://www.uoguide.com/Dispel_Evil

I always thought it was just karma until fiddling around with it on my sammies lately...

S

Stupid Miner

Cleanse by fire:
Description Cures the target of poisons, but causes the caster to be burned by fire damage. The amount of fire damage is lessened if the caster has high Karma. Chance to cure depends on Chivalry skill level and level of poison.
Can confirm this from a lot of experience as a negative karma paladin. (full necro/chiv) Karma doesn't really effect cure chance.

Dispel Evil:
Description Attempts to dispel evil summoned creatures and cause other evil creatures to flee from combat. Transformed Necromancers may also take Stamina and Mana Damage. Caster's Karma and Chivalry, and Target's Fame or Necromancy affect Dispel chance.
Tend to dispel fine with negative Karma.

Remove Curse: you never want to cast this with less than max karma, drains mana fast.

Close wounds, with 70 Chiv and Max Negative karma it still heals 25 damage.

Divine Fury: Either you want this spell to last long, or short, depends on what you use it for, Stamina boost or for all the effects.
Significantly shorter with low karma.

Consecrate Weapon: short spell, even shorter with low karma

EoO: By the time this wears off with any amount of karma, you'll have long replaced the mana used.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running High Chiv skill Dispel Evil works pretty dang good. Dispelling EV's and summon deamons throw a lot of mages for a loop coming from a dexer. It works great in doom and undead spawns.

The mana/stamina drain kind of works. You have to have high karma and high chiv. Most Necro's run with 100-105 Necro depending on the template. It is a short lived drain though and you have to be very close to your target for it to work. I wouldn't bank on using this tactic though.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running High Chiv skill Dispel Evil works pretty dang good. Dispelling EV's and summon deamons throw a lot of mages for a loop coming from a dexer. It works great in doom and undead spawns.

The mana/stamina drain kind of works. You have to have high karma and high chiv. Most Necro's run with 100-105 Necro depending on the template. It is a short lived drain though and you have to be very close to your target for it to work. I wouldn't bank on using this tactic though.
Unless they changed it. Dispel Evil never dispelled anything. With high karma level it would make monsters run away from you for 3 to 5 seconds giving you some breathing room.

S

Stupid Miner

Unless they changed it. Dispel Evil never dispelled anything. With high karma level it would make monsters run away from you for 3 to 5 seconds giving you some breathing room.
Works on Revenants.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it dispelling Revenants cast by mobs? or players?

My personal experience its never done much. Then again I haven`t used the spell in 5 years.

Pally FAQ might need an updated to:

Dispel Evil (Dispiro Malas) 10/10 (35/85)
An ability that has a chance to frighten any evil creatures in the area. Also has the power to drain a transformed Necromancer of mana and stamina. Does NOT dispel creatures; does not appear to affect revenants.

C

Connor_Graham

You can dispel mobs cast by monsters in Tram, and by both monsters and players in Fel.

J

[JD]

How much FC and FCR do you need to be able to reliably cast close wounds while being attacked (either via spell or melee)?

Also how do Paladins go about getting 4/6.. Even using an Orny you still only have 3/6. Do you toss on an arcane or vesper replica shield? And then deal with Parry getting messed up if you have Bush...

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FC 1 FCR 3 ring & braclet
FC 1 on your shield
FC 1 on your weapon
FC 1 FCR 2 Helm of Swiftness

J

[JD]

Would there be any issue with a parryless Sampire (which has Bushido) using a shield 100% of the time and uses Leafblade or Radiant Scimmy?

The shield choices would be Arcane shield for DCI 15, FC1, or Vesper replica for FC1, FCR2. Unless there is something better.

Could easily make a macro which would quickly disarm shield, chug pot, and re-arm.

More concerned about parry and bush and don't understand how the shield would effect things.

Still want to know how high you should really take it so you can cast Chiv spells successfully while being attacked.

Thanks

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said you have to have high chiv. 100-120. Most people running around run 60-80 pvp.