• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions upon my return to britannia

Shadefox

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya! back again, cant live without, once you pop you cant stop etc =D

Cut to the chase, Im wondering about:
1. Im starting to decorate again. Any point in doing so in 2d or will that be discontinued over a 1-2 year period?
2. KR graphics better now than a few months after release? (no pun intended for those who always liked it, Im talking graphics and the way I felt they wrecked house deco/old style feel of the game)
3. I really missed you all!
4. What besides super dragons have I missed the last 6 months or so worth mentioning? just throw me a clue please! =D
5.Did I mention I missed you all?

G

1. You can still decorate stuff to your hearts content, even if they discontinue 2D, your decorations will still be there. Though I don't think they'll discontinue 2D anytime soon.
2. Not really.
3. Don't know you, but welcome back.
4. Ressources made random (Bad), Runics crafting made much more useful (Good), BODs have been changed (Good)

G

1. Choose the client you plan on playing more with to decorate. The difference between the two can be quite noticeable. Just a bit of help if you choose to try decorating in KR, the following "workarounds" help in accuracy of placing items:
- Instead of drag and drop, drag the desired item to the "blackspace" so that it sticks to the cursor. Then click on the location you wish to place it (this also helps tremendously for turning in BODs).
- If you're still having trouble hitting the right spot, stand where you want the item placed and drop the item on a non-stackable item (i.e. a potted plant). The item will drop at your feet.
- Tables are a bit quirky and you may find you have to remove the table, lock down the item(s), raise the item(s) via the deco tool, place the table under them, then lower to desired location.

2. Even though KR's graphics have always been reasonably crisp on my system, I HAVE noticed constant improvement with each patch. You also have the option of using the "classic" graphics which covers all dynamic objects, flora, and housing tiles. Terrain, and models (character and creature) are still the KR version. Main issue I notice with the classic graphics are that in containers they are much smaller in size than they should be.

4. Very distinct and desired changes to BODs (specifically Smithing BODs) and to runics (smithing and tailoring). They are also working on other fixes and tweaks to other runics and mod placements in crafting. Blackrock elems have gone to sleep. The animation problems in KR have been fixed (although you'll have to download a HUGE patch since they are still rendered the same way that 2d uses). Oh yeah... a few people's houses have been blown up for the betterment of the game.

G

a few of them... probably nowhere near all of them, but he got a few.

F

Fayled Dhreams

1. yep ... deco is still legal ...
yep still doable
2. simple free download, as your tastes determine ...
btw ... WAIT for them to UPDATE the downloadable client (in the works)
SKIP the need for gigs of patching ...same for the disk ... ... no cost For WAITing ... still have the 2D
3.wb
4. Bods, resources(randomized), BOS(10 stone max per send), BODS 10sec timer (going to 5), House BURNings, BOD rewards (runics) got a minor bump,
5. yes,
thx,
wb

F

Fayled Dhreams

mmmm
ah! Salvage bags (npc provisioners, just got re-re-reworked)
(are ya "in" or just "intending"? )Valentine stuffies and chocholates

" last 6 months or so worth mentioning "
Move to virginia completed
Lost Wilki ... cathat ... *sniffs* ....*moment of silence*
FoF been carrying LISTS of up dated uo.com guides and indexes
couple of confirmed/scheduled Meetups (rsvp able)
what Alvinho said about Magincia ...new item/s on vendors called rubble ... gobs of cursed grade arties
...doom drop rates "adjusted"(point system applied)

G

The other questions were mostly answered, so I'll just say
WELCOME BACK!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hiya! back again, cant live without, once you pop you cant stop etc =D

Cut to the chase, Im wondering about:
1. Im starting to decorate again. Any point in doing so in 2d or will that be discontinued over a 1-2 year period?
2. KR graphics better now than a few months after release? (no pun intended for those who always liked it, Im talking graphics and the way I felt they wrecked house deco/old style feel of the game)
3. I really missed you all!
4. What besides super dragons have I missed the last 6 months or so worth mentioning? just throw me a clue please! =D
5.Did I mention I missed you all?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) decorate away - some do look a little different when you switch between KR and 2d but not so much so that its an issue.....plants look better in KR so you may enjoy planing a garden that way. But other wise no issue with decorating with 2d and switching to KR later.

2) Yes the graphics have improved some...you no longer ride your beetle side saddle and I think they made his nose shorter....thats the one I have noticed but there could be more I just do not play KR full time.

3) Welcome back...always nice to see people return to the best world ever.

4) Super Dragons, Magencia invasion of daemons that destroyed things and made rubble, burning houses, Valentines purple bunnies let loose. and just the general joy and woes of our world.

5) Yes you did and welcome back again... hope you enjoy your return.

G

Welcome back to the snuggly world of europa.
we lost those devs but we got back chrissay! perhaps the first dev to admit a mistake, yes you heard right

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy. I remember you.

If you have not already, and have a tamer, go get superdragons. You want them
And, dragons are sooooo cool.

If you have runic kits....save them....or burn them.....your choice, but I would wait till they fix even more stuff.

Use 2D if you want. Even though I love(d) KR, and hope it continues to improve, they screwed the pooch with me when they slowed down updates to it, called it released, and said smell ya later.

Go update KR though if you havn't...its got some great stuff and is perfectly playable, I just won't use it in high end PVM stuffs till it gets polished.

If you dropped your house, or esp. if it went IDOC, your a noob.

Hopefully you have your good crap banked, and if not can get 18x18's for cheap. Go get some

Decorate till hearts content. We got new stuffys to deco with. 32 year old man that likes stuffys that squeal. But then again, I'd imagine most people like things that squeal.

Go to Doom. Tokonu artifact point system. mmmmmmmmMMMmmmm

Welcome back ...