• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions *raises hand*

Grenier

Adventurer
Ok, I scraped the idea of running a Tamer/Bard and am working him as a Tamer/Mage. 120 each Tame, Lore, Vet, Mage, Eval, and Med, for now. I am guessing I should throw SW in the mix if so should I stone Med or Eval?

Also, the grind to 90 has been more painful than I remember, or it could be old age setting in. Anyway, the taming guide I've been following has me Taming polar bears to 75, then snow leopards till 85, and Great Hart till 100. Right now I'm at 73.7 taming and last night got .2 in an hour. Is this about right or is the guide I'm following off and should be taming something else?

Thank you and safe hunting.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Ok, I scraped the idea of running a Tamer/Bard and am working him as a Tamer/Mage. 120 each Tame, Lore, Vet, Mage, Eval, and Med, for now. I am guessing I should throw SW in the mix if so should I stone Med or Eval?

Also, the grind to 90 has been more painful than I remember, or it could be old age setting in. Anyway, the taming guide I've been following has me Taming polar bears to 75, then snow leopards till 85, and Great Hart till 100. Right now I'm at 73.7 taming and last night got .2 in an hour. Is this about right or is the guide I'm following off and should be taming something else?

Thank you and safe hunting.
I highly recommend that you obtain a Crystal Ball of Knowledge. It will tell you if the animal is optimal to gain taming skill.

Also you only need to get to 90 taming skill by actually taming animals. After that you can get a taming mastery book and use it to gain skill. It's a much faster/convenient way to gain skill, but requires minimum skill to be 90 to use it.

As for your tamer template; that's the classic tamer/mage template and it works great. With +skill on items you should be able to work in SW, might have to take meditation down a bit though. You don't want to lower eval or your spell damage will suffer. Some tamers decide to drop vet and just heal the pet with magery and SW and they get items that have a lot of +Vet skill they can wear temporarily if they need to rez a pet. I've never tried tamer without vet myself, but I know quite a few people have done it and it's a viable template.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Add Spellweaving.

upload_2018-9-19_17-2-23.png

Gift of life and Word of Death are worth it plus there's more useful spells.

Both were calculated by @Khyro. You can PM him with your suit stats and he will tell you where to set the Meditation. Or use their calculator. The above one is mine.

This was made more efficient by @Khyro: Can cast 8 WoD while running consume before mana is out.

upload_2018-9-19_17-12-40.png

Grenier

Adventurer
Awesome thanks. I was able to get the Crystal Ball today and got two full points in taming in over an hour. I'm wanting to get a Bake Kitsune and throw it in the stable so it can bond. I think I can control it with 80 Taming and 100 lore, I have that now. Might ask in chat and see if someone on Chessy could help me out. My play time is going to be lower the next 2 week. Thanks again for the info.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Awesome thanks. I was able to get the Crystal Ball today and got two full points in taming in over an hour. I'm wanting to get a Bake Kitsune and throw it in the stable so it can bond. I think I can control it with 80 Taming and 100 lore, I have that now. Might ask in chat and see if someone on Chessy could help me out. My play time is going to be lower the next 2 week. Thanks again for the info.
What is your characters name?

Grenier

Adventurer
Radazak. This week has been crazy for me in Real life. I did not token this guy been leveling from scratch. Taming is 77 real but I have a plus 5 ring. I have a pieced together lrc suit so I can lvl magery as I go. Hoping to make some gold training vet with that pet. Simple man with simple needs.