• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

questions on new armor

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Figured this might be the best place to ask. I am returning to the game and am needing(wanting) to tweak my armor. I am getting lost on what the caps are on this stuff now. I am looking to cap he following
  • Mana regen understand this to be 30.
  • lower Mana Cost- This is the one that confused me I thought it was 45 but now can be 55 with certain armor?????
Currently the character this is for can hold its own in PvM on the mid tier creatures, I am wanting to try the newer creatures and need a small increase in stats/buffs.

Thanks

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Figured this might be the best place to ask. I am returning to the game and am needing(wanting) to tweak my armor. I am getting lost on what the caps are on this stuff now. I am looking to cap he following
  • Mana regen understand this to be 30.
  • lower Mana Cost- This is the one that confused me I thought it was 45 but now can be 55 with certain armor?????
Currently the character this is for can hold its own in PvM on the mid tier creatures, I am wanting to try the newer creatures and need a small increase in stats/buffs.

Thanks
Mana regeneration is caped by SQRT from it at 5,5 according to devs statement (cant fid the post where full formulo a for total MR is) .
Sqrt(30) =5,477
Sqrt(31) = 5,568
So, at certain conditions 31 can give a litle bonus ( SQRT(mr) then multiplied to other factors).

LMC is caped at 40 BUT certain peices of armor ca give a bonus:
Studed,Bone,Hide +3% to cap and +3% to LMC value ( non-medi version)
Metal armor +1% to cap and +1% to LMC value ( non-medi version)

Cap bonuses is taken from 5 best in cap bonus pieces (e.g. 5*3%=15% is max bonus so max LMC is 55%)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Something else you might find useful is you can pay Mage guildmaster npc's to toggle the mage armor property on/off, it costs 250k but I've used it to make a few arties non med for the lmc bonus.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm that may make things a bit more complicated to figure out., Thanks for the info. It looks like I am not going to be able to accomplish this very easy. I was attempting to keep both peace bard masteries up at the same time. I would be able to if I can keep a mana leach going with the bow(archery is skill). But just way to many mods to make it reliable. Guess I will rethink and try again. Thanks for the help guys

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found a original post of MR: here.
The formula is:
Mana reg (per second) = 2/10 + Focus/200 + (1 or 1.1 if meditation>=100)*(Meditation*3/400+Int/400)*(0 for nonmedi armor 1 for medy armor or 2 if active meditation)+((Meditation/2+Focus/4)*1/90*0.65+2.35)*(sqrt(ManaReg from items)-1)/10 + 1/10

I got some real test for my template with 120 focus/0 medi character for MR (from items) and there was some diference ( realr MR was lower). I belive this of defined by ROUWNDDOWN rule stated in OSI/EA/...

Last edited:

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was attempting to keep both peace bard masteries up at the same time.
Some things to keep in mind with bard masteries: Getting hit for more than 20 damage stops your songs, unless you're using a pet or summons chances are you're going to take hits that big pretty frequently. An archer on an armored swampy with the damage reduction from the peace masteries might be able keep interruptions to a minimum but you're still going to be recasting them pretty often.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some things to keep in mind with bard masteries: Getting hit for more than 20 damage stops your songs, unless you're using a pet or summons chances are you're going to take hits that big pretty frequently. An archer on an armored swampy with the damage reduction from the peace masteries might be able keep interruptions to a minimum but you're still going to be recasting them pretty often.
Currently I run an archer with discord. I keep Resiliance mastery up all the time and have no issue with mana, If I also run perseverence (spelled wrong), I can keep mana up as long as I use a high mana leach bow. Very rarely would I have the songs interrupted by damage taken, it does happen but rarely. Now if I miss, which archery does on the higher end things, I will eventually run out of mana. I was looking for an easy button. Kind of like that one cooking thing, you know "set it and forget it" type of thing. I guess I will just have to suck it up and continue to have to pay attention while playing.

I am still going to try and tweak the character stats and skills, Archery may have to take a hit while I try to increase focus and med to sustain the mana drain of both masteries.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Definitely make sure you've got 40 lmc from items and 5x studded(or bone, hide, studded samurai) pieces for the extra 15 lmc, it makes a difference for special moves and bard songs. A little focus might help but it probably wouldn't make a big difference.