• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions on Mirror Image from a Longtime Player/Ninja Noob

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I've been considering starting to add Ninjitsu to my PvMer, and I have some questions on mirror image.

First - is the equation correct in the FaQ? Has everyone here found about a 90% deflect rate at 120 ninja?

Second - for everyone out there who has used mirror images in PvM. Do you find that high end monsters (such as peerless bosses) use an area attack and kill your images too often for them to even be useful?

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Idk how helpful this is but...

With the right circumstances it's like targeted peace for half the points...

I had 110 Ninjitsu on a 4/6 chiv char, a weapon with no hit spell, fighting balrons (monsters without bleed for example) to work the honor virtue and it had never been easier. I got hit maybe once per balron while doing 30 damage to them (I didn't have a slayer at the time)

I was impressed with it, I tried it out on a parragon cu sidhe but their bleed attack messes it up and if my weapon had hit spell that would also make it retarget straight away.

I would also say that yes mirror images won't be much use if something has area... I've attempted to use the images versus berserkers where every few seconds someone hits something with pixie swatter/lures a fetid past/does the chain lightning special etc etc and their as good as useless even with 4/6 casting.

So the right circumstances being no hit spell, no hit area, no aura, no prolonged damage specials (bleed, poison etc from them or you)... it's probably harder if you can't cure instantly too versus magic monsters.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Idk how helpful this is but...

With the right circumstances it's like targeted peace for half the points...

I had 110 Ninjitsu on a 4/6 chiv char, a weapon with no hit spell, fighting balrons (monsters without bleed for example) to work the honor virtue and it had never been easier. I got hit maybe once per balron while doing 30 damage to them (I didn't have a slayer at the time)

I was impressed with it, I tried it out on a parragon cu sidhe but their bleed attack messes it up and if my weapon had hit spell that would also make it retarget straight away.

I would also say that yes mirror images won't be much use if something has area... I've attempted to use the images versus berserkers where every few seconds someone hits something with pixie swatter/lures a fetid past/does the chain lightning special etc etc and their as good as useless even with 4/6 casting.

So the right circumstances being no hit spell, no hit area, no aura, no prolonged damage specials (bleed, poison etc from them or you)... it's probably harder if you can't cure instantly too versus magic monsters.