• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Questions on Feint

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone.

The buff/debuff icon tells me that Feint, for 6 seconds, reduces damage done to you by your target by a certain percentage, presumably related to your Bushido skill. (Seems that at the JOAT level that percentage is zero.)

1. Is this correct?

2. Anyone know the formula? And/or have a guess about what the percentage would be at 80 Bushido?

3. This sounds like quite a powerful move.....But it seems like comparatively few use it. Does this mean it isn't quite as useful as it seems like it might be?

-Galen's player

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feint is a weapon special move UO Stratics - Special Moves and is linked to your weapon skill rather than your bushido skill.
Feint - Reduces the attacker’s damage by a percentage. The percentage can be 20% to 50% and scales based on the defender’s weapon skill. Duration is 6 seconds.
Requires Bushido or Ninjitsu skill.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feint is a weapon special move UO Stratics - Special Moves and is linked to your weapon skill rather than your bushido skill.
I know that this statement is not quite true as phrased, because with the Leafblade I can use Feint without Bushido.

I have 120 Fencing, and the duration is 0 seconds.
[EDIT: Mis-typed, sorry. Duration is 6 seconds; damage reduction is 0%.]

-Galen's player

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested it again, with a Leafblade that did not have UBWS, and unfortunately, again, percentage is 0. (I mis-typed in my earlier message, fixing now.)

With any luck, it is merely a bug that it doesn't work on the Leafblade with no Bushido and I can get it fixed after the turn of the year?

*chuckles*

-Galen's player

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the character human? Because if 'yes' he does have bushido. 20 points of it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the character human? Because if 'yes' he does have bushido. 20 points of it.
The character is indeed human. (Note the reference to JOAT Bushido in my original post.)

I am going to assume it's a bug that it doesn't work, on a Leafblade, without Bushido.

So....Anyone know how to try and submit it for the bug fixing after the first of the New Year?

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the first time ever in many years of playing, I have successfully tested something on Test Center.

You indeed need Bushido, with the Leafblade, to successfully use Feint.

Without Bushido, you can "cast" the move but it does nothing.

At 80 Bushido and GM Fencing, 32% Damage Reduction. At GM Bushido and GM Fencing, 41% Damage Reduction.

Given that the Leafblade is not a Samurai weapon, it would appear to be a bug that you need Bushido in order to execute Feint with it.

Another thing I've never done in all these years of playing is report a bug.

Anyone know how?

-Galen's player