• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions About Transmogrification Potion

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello All!

I have a few questions about the transmogrification potion. Do I just need 3 things to do the process? Item #1 with all the stats i want, Item #2 the piece I want it to look like, and Item #3 the potion?
I have a Arcane Plate Helm Of Vitality that I want to turn into a Bear Mask. Do I just need to get a plain jane Bear Mask and click it with the potion or do I need to do something to the mask first?
If anyone can help explain this process I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello All!

I have a few questions about the transmogrification potion. Do I just need 3 things to do the process? Item #1 with all the stats i want, Item #2 the piece I want it to look like, and Item #3 the potion?
I have a Arcane Plate Helm Of Vitality that I want to turn into a Bear Mask. Do I just need to get a plain jane Bear Mask and click it with the potion or do I need to do something to the mask first?
If anyone can help explain this process I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
Yes just need plain no mods bear mask clik potion will ask for a source then a target. There are some rules about turning nonmendable into mendable but will just say you can't

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What if the bear mask has invisible charges on it and just crappy resists? Will it still work or can it not have ANY stats?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if the bear mask has invisible charges on it and just crappy resists? Will it still work or can it not have ANY stats?
I have seen bear masks and deer masks used. You can either buy or craft a basic one if the charge one dont work.

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awesome thank you for the suggestions and help! I want to turn my hook shield into something too. What are some cool or unique things I could put my shield stats on for my left hand shield spot!?!?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome thank you for the suggestions and help! I want to turn my hook shield into something too. What are some cool or unique things I could put my shield stats on for my left hand shield spot!?!?
On Oct 4th Hythloth will begin. There will be a lantern reward and a wand reward that can be used as a target.

Krampus will have a craftable Orb that can be used as a target.

Or the craftable Hooks Shield can be used now.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
consider that a head slot transmog potion sells for about 50M gold.
it also may impose some undesirable limitations, like inability to armor refine.
so you may want to consider your choice carefully.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
consider that a head slot transmog potion sells for about 50M gold.
it also may impose some undesirable limitations, like inability to armor refine.
so you may want to consider your choice carefully.
You can't refine those pieces anyway.

Last edited:

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can't refine those pieces anyway.
he mentioned arcane plate helm - source. Plate Helms can be refined if mage armor not present or stripped. If you refine,it cannot be transmog. If you transmog, you cannot refine. The destination (mask) may indeed not be refinanable, but that’s the lesser consideration in this example.

‘it’s sort of Messy.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't transmog a non-med plate helm on to a medable bear mask anyway, so I would assume the helm has mage armor property.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I assume you haven't bought the potion yet?? If you did just try it you can't lose potion if it doesn't work