• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about the Virtue Armor Set

• Thread starter Ghost_Writer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Ghost_Writer

Ok I got the pieces we were given with the upgrade, Helm & Gantlets. I got the Cloak and Gorget from the quests. The other night in Despise I got the Legs dropped in my backpack quite unexpectedly, with the same sound that we were getting from the Book of Truth. So now I have 5 of the 8 pieces, what are the remaining pieces? How do I get them? I assume Tunic, Gloves, and ??Boots?? Robe?

Thanks,
GW

L

Lord Drakelord

Ok I got the pieces we were given with the upgrade, Helm & Gantlets. I got the Cloak and Gorget from the quests. The other night in Despise I got the Legs dropped in my backpack quite unexpectedly, with the same sound that we were getting from the Book of Truth. So now I have 5 of the 8 pieces, what are the remaining pieces? How do I get them? I assume Tunic, Gloves, and ??Boots?? Robe?

Thanks,
GW
let see you have
Helm
Gantlets
Cloak
Gorget

you need
Tunic
arms
legs
shoes

to make the complete set it requires all eight pieces.

http://www.uoguide.com/Virtue_Armor_Set

G

Ghost_Writer

Thanks! That link was exactly what I was looking for.

GW

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey GW! I asume you knew that you could have turned in virture armor for spring cleaning points. Many people have turned in ther virture sets so once again these armor peices may be worth placing on a vendor for sale.

G

Ghost_Writer

Yeah, I'm just trying to collect a full set and was surprised when the Legs just dropped in my backpack. Not that I think it's all that usefull, I just want to add it to my collection. Now that I've read up on all the drops in the dungeons I'll probably be spending more time in them..

P

Pyrrhus

Its a worthwhile collector's item to keep. My, 5 years from now it could be worth quite a bundle.

Five years from now perhaps I can finally use my anhk too, but who knows eh by that time we could all have healers in our homes eh?

Just to rub in the futility of aspiring to use veteran rewards hehe. Why don't they just make all the rewards available at a higher premium to players who haven't aged yet in this game huh? JMHO hehe.:D:D

Cheers!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a worthwhile collector's item to keep. My, 5 years from now it could be worth quite a bundle.

Five years from now perhaps I can finally use my anhk too, but who knows eh by that time we could all have healers in our homes eh?

Just to rub in the futility of aspiring to use veteran rewards hehe. Why don't they just make all the rewards available at a higher premium to players who haven't aged yet in this game huh? JMHO hehe.:D:D

Cheers!
Hey, do you want some cheese with that whine. Rank has its privileges my friend.

P

Pyrrhus

Who cares? Hope you are not insinuating to be a better player or person hehe. We can also respect the rank and not the person eh? Paying at a higher premium covers the veterans. A lesser evil than hoping for nothing at least for new players.:D

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who cares? Hope you are not insinuating to be a better player or person hehe. We can also respect the rank and not the person eh? Paying at a higher premium covers the veterans. A lesser evil than hoping for nothing at least for new players.
09-11-2008 09:02 PM

Perhaps rank is not the right word.

I am not a better player, just been in the game longer. Therefore, I get perks you don't. It is why they call them VETERAN REWARDS. The rewards are to get you to stay playing the game, so you too will get the perks.

P

Pyrrhus

Who cares? Hope you are not insinuating to be a better player or person hehe. We can also respect the rank and not the person eh? Paying at a higher premium covers the veterans. A lesser evil than hoping for nothing at least for new players.
09-11-2008 09:02 PM

Perhaps rank is not the right word.

I am not a better player, just been in the game longer. Therefore, I get perks you don't. It is why they call them VETERAN REWARDS. The rewards are to get you to stay playing the game, so you too will get the perks.

Of course you are an older player. However it should be changed to elderly rewards not veteran coz I got my veteran status in 11 months simply by achieving 3 legendary status on one character alone. Not to mention the elder and GM status on other skills to go.

What we are just pointing out here is the perks becomes useless as progress will ultimately overcome the new player, why the first year vet rewards has already shown marked improvement with the commodity deed thingy alone so why wait for 5 years to use an anhk? Hehe nobody even knows if your here today and gone tomorrow.

The sugesstion doesn't take anything away from the elderly players of the game such as yourself. Why because a newcomer can only get one if ever at a much higher price besides everyone specially on this shard knows who the grey haired players are so why not give a chance for the noobs too,

Even if all these are wishful thinking it still points to a very valid defect in the rewards system which can always be improved instead of selfish motives trying to keep the status quo on things calling the shots.

Thank you for affirming the fact that old doesn't really mean better in all circumstance in the game thus validating the soundness of our observations JOHO. :D

My apologies to GW as we have sort of pirated his thread anyhows I was at Despise killing Trolls when I got a Virtue Chest Plate drop on me. PM me if you might be in need for it to complete your collection I got if free I'll give it free Cheers!

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In UO, officially there are two types of "Veterans".

1) When you get to 700.0 skill cap, you are considered a "Veteran" by MyUO for having experience in your skills. You get a nice little Image under your character's skills when you do, on the MyUO Character display page.

2) By being a paying customer, you can become a Veteran once your account reaches 12 months of age.
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=275
The Ultima Online Veteran Rewards program is designed to reward our long-term players for loyalty to the UO community. It is our way of thanking you and showing our appreciation for your long-term support of UO, and for your contribution to making UO the most popular virtual world in existence today. If you would like to learn more about the Veteran Rewards system, you can find information on determining account age and a list and description of the available rewards at http://update.uo.com/design_350.html. Any questions pertaining to Veteran Rewards may be directed to the UO Message Boards, or you can use the Contact Us link. Please take the time to review this documentation carefully as it is not a simple system and any rewards taken can not be revoked or exchanged.
Both fit the real world definition:

Veteran - Noun
A person who is long experienced or practiced in an activity or capacity: a veteran of political campaigns.

Veteran - Adjective
Having had long experience or practice: a veteran actor.

C

Crystal Canyon

what if there was no Orvago around eh? What then?
Just food for our thoughts.:D
Oh perish the thought! No Orvago??? Never!

Who would be able to take his place running around our forums "flashing" folks in our good comunity? (in reference to his post in the Smack Talk forum here)

Really Pyrrhus, I think what Gunner was trying to say was that alot of people have complained that the new rewards ought to be useable by everyone, but in essence, they were designed to be just that....rewards.

Yes, they should reward us all for spending so much time trying to get around the bugs and the nerfs they throw our way with each new publish, but the fact remains, that the longer we have dealt with this, the more demented each of us have become! We have earned something grand! LOL

So what they have devised is a reward for each additonal year that they have successfully been able to keep us addicted to the game!

1st year reward...for being silly enough to listen to friends when they tell you tall tales of killing people every night and slaying dragons...and then you joining them in doing so for a whole year!

2nd year rewards...are for being in game long enough to see all the cool stuff and swearing you will have all of it some day! (dreamers stage, they love this one!))

3rd year rewards...for staying in the game even though your spouse has declared on thier income tax return that they are "single living with a UO addict." (aka... a UO widow)

4th year reward...Hanging in the game even though, at about this point, even Trammies venture off into the forbidden land of Felluca. Your entire vocabualry has changed to the point that you have to move your computer to another room that the children are not allowed in. ( they really should give something better for this one)

5th year reward...EA pretty much knows they have you hooked now..its the halfway point. Everytime they see someone collect a 5th year reward, they are High Fiving each other and shouting "SUCKER!".

6th year reward...you have come along way... You have a few hundred posts on the boards, been suspended for them at least twice, and know most of the moderators on a first name basis. ( the reward is actually for putting up with the mods, but they dont know that so dont tell them...shhhh)

7th year reward...Your to the point of driving down the road (in real), seeing cows in a field and trying to calculate how much leather you could get from that herd. EA knows this and feels a bit guilty for your dellutions...thus they throw out something pretty good for you to try to get your mind steered back to the virtual world.

8th year reward...Now they know you are so proud of being in thier virtual world that you want to make statues of yourself and mark you weapons with your own thoughts. I mean really...who wouldnt want a weapon that says "I pwned yo mamma" or a naked statue in front of your house with its butt pointed out at everyone that passes by????? ( they are secretly hoping you will do this in real...free advertising for them!)

9th year reward...EA feels after 9 years of you calling in sick to work so that you can be there for the first day of a new release, they at least owe you something for the "real world" write ups you have gotten. Hell ya..your boss is sitting there ragging on you for missing work and you tell him, "so what if I dont get a raise this year, I got a ridable polar bear...so eat that!"

10th year reward...EA adores these accounts! They know by now you speak only UO language ( pwned, woot, Gm, b&%ch), you are only disconnected from the game when a tornado has torn down power lines, your spouse has moved out but gotten an account of thier own and your children have gotten part time jobs at the YMCA to pay for thier own accounts after giving your password to thier friends. EA gladly rewards you for all your effort...or should I say your creating new accounts for them? LOL

11th year rewards....forget it...by now, even EA people dont want to have any more interaction with you than they have to...to put it simply...they are AFRAID of you! Yes...we are demented!:sad3:

P

Pyrrhus

Well said Crystal, and you know me and gunner we try to make things livelier hehe.

My hope being just new in the game that you folks have been playing for almost a decade now is that the powers that be up there (EA) read and see what has happened to the rewards system which by now as we have been trying to point out has become rather obsolete.

We can see their desperate desire to please the masses by the improvements on the first year vet award by way of that very nice commodity box thingy AMEN to that!

Sad to say though it is not enough to apparently cure the ills the game is suffering in terms of involving new blood into UO.

Lets face it for every year that goes by the game continues to exist not only coz of the old time players but by the influx of new players as well.

The new blood ensures the torch of UO will be passed on to the next generation of players without necessarily discounting the value of the loyalty the old timers have given for the game.

Old or New we are all players and part of the community and if I had my way are all entitled to the perks of the game as long as the integrity of the old time players are retained wherein they get their perks FREE while the new one's would have to pay a premium to do so.

Last night I did the Cloak of Humility Quest not as easy as one may think but well worth the rewards for the effort. Why everything in this game deserves a reward of some kind for the money all of us are paying don't you think?

Some even retain several accounts to enjoy the game and they pay for it, all these put together are all the more reasons these perks should be made available to all RIGHT now! Things need to be equitable to ALL players we say.
Right now we see vendors selling veteran rewards. The owners themselves are trying to get rid of them hehe. Who do they intend to sell these items too anyhow? Is it a twisted teaser to make new players drool?

In other words the lame excuse of EA to give due recognition to old timer players by these perks are just a sham exercise in our books. Why if they can sell us the additional storage space,advance character tokens,etc.stc. they can certainly open the market to the veteran rewards goods that is if they wanted too.

It would even increase revenue we feel. A much needed shot in the arm to keep people interested coz there are a lot of online games to consider out there JOHO.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, pyrrhus and crystal, I am approching the 9th year mark. Once you hit 10yrs maybe forced retirement is in order. lol! EA should limit your online time some what or compensate the UO widow/spouse in some manner. Maybe at least send a condolence card.

C

Crystal Canyon

Pyrrhus, my whole intent with the last post was to lighten the thick air that was accumulating in this thread. LOL

Yes and you Gunner sure make things livier here, thats no doubt and you both have opinions on the rewards. I think we all do.

On one hand I see where you are coming from, and even though I have played long enough to get any reward...its only on one account. I have two. The second account is the one I would LOOOVVE to have the pink dress with and cant get it....yet.

I think the reward system is set up alot like those in professional businesses who reward employees for outstanding achievements and personal loyalty to the company by continuing to stay there for many years.

Even in the real world, those rewards are always much better for someone who has been with the business for a number of years as opposed to those who are fairly new. There is not really an option to buy what the company gives veteran employees...not from them anyway.

I do think that if someone chooses to sell thier rewards, that anyone should be able to purchase them from that person and use them. Sounds only fair to me. But I dont believe they should be able to purchase them from EA. That would sort of delete the entire point of a reward...it would then just turn into an item for sale on UO. There would be no pride in owning the items, and it couldnt be deemed as a reward for years of loyalty.

C

Crystal Canyon

Well, pyrrhus and crystal, I am approching the 9th year mark. Once you hit 10yrs maybe forced retirement is in order. lol! EA should limit your online time some what or compensate the UO widow/spouse in some manner. Maybe at least send a condolence card.
Yes! A card would nice!

I can see it now....

Dear UO Widow,

Please accept our utmost condolences for the deterrorated mental state of your spouse. I want to assure you that EA Games had nothing to do with his state of mind. According to him, the day you married, his brain turned to mush, and he only turned to UO as a way of excersing it back into shape. (thats the story and we are sticking to it)

Sincerely
EA :gun:

G

Ghost_Writer

Not to be a party Poopper here, but this is my take on vet rewards. First of all a disclaimer, my account is 2 months short of 11 years so I am somewhat biased on this topic.

The only vet rewards that effect actual game play are available to 1st years with one exception and that's the Ethies, the charger of the fallen (which is available to anyone) resolved that issue. So Soul Stones, +3 Cloaks and Robes, the new commodity deed boxes, can be gotten by and used by anyone with a year or more play time. The rest are all deco and status symbols.

Vet rewards are basically just that, Status Symbols. Something to prove you are mentally unstable enough to stick with this game for xx years. The bigger the addiction the prettier and/or more noticeable the reward. Yes I want you young ones to envy me for my Polar Bear (haven't claimed the Ethy Cu' yet), and the cannons in my house. It's all just for show and to say "yeah, I've been here for 11 years, when you have, you can look like me too."

You mention being able to buy vet rewards from EA, that's basically what we do, we pay enough subscription fees to get the rewards. So basically it's $120.00 for every 2 rewards we get (calculated on 6 month renewals). So are you willing to actually pay $60.00 per vet reward? We did.

Lastly, this type of incentive is common. I've been at the same job for 7 years, I get an extra week vacation more than anyone with less than 5 years, plus we are an employee owned co. and after 5 years I'm 100% vested in my share. All typical incentives for Loyalty, which is basically what the vet rewards are, incentives for customer loyalty.

*walks away muttering after realizing that he has been playing UO longer than any job he's held*

GW

P

Pyrrhus

Hehe

This only gets better. I currently own a seven year vet reward the weapon engraver. Now in all intent purposes I don't deserve this being just 11 months (not years old), however I can look as good as anybody out there at the bank flashing my special weapon engraved with "Demented Demon Slayer".

All I have to do is ask my good buddy gunner to engrave it for me and nobody is the wiser how long I've been on the game. Now where is the justice of waiting in all that?

Hehe the ethy rides dun bother me at all I got a tamer character and would rather ride the next to the real thing creature when I play (another sign of a demented player). However of course to have it offered for sale to new players at a reasonable price would be a good thing. Good for the player GOOD for EA too! Everybody comes out with a happy story to tell their future prodigy in the game.

The bottom line is this I could be bent on playing this game for the next 20 years however my question is do you all honestly think EA will hesitate to cut me off if on the first hour of my 21st year I failed to pay for my gamecodes?

Nawww I dun think so to them your just the same as any Joe so enjoy the disconnection and make arrangements for your reactivation hehe.

Where now does all the pampering for such a high and mighty veteran go to eh? Perhaps in limbo or a place like a recycle bin LOL! I do hope these matters are addressed for surely it can easily go out of hand like the New York stock market. JOHO :D

P.S.

It's always nice to equate our rewards here at UO together with our RL. The only difference I see here is that WE ARE NOT EMPLOYEE'S TO BE REWARDED" We pay their rent! Thus we should be all equally compensated. Cheers!

G

Ghost_Writer

No we are not employees to be rewarded, we are long term customers to be rewarded. Nothing new with that either. Ever have a sandwich shop give you a card for a free sandwich if you buy 5?

As far as weapon engraving, all of us Vets have for years left our (fill in the blank) Dye tubs out for public use and have also been more than happy to dye stuff for people who aren't old enough to use them. But you don't ride around on a Polar bear, you don't have cannons in your house, and your +3 cloaks and robes relect the age of your account, although I'm not wearing a pink dress no matter how much of a status symbol it is.

You see the point. We have no problem with everyone getting the necessities. We have no problem offering up some of the perks to anyone, friend or not, (public access dye tubs), we just want a little recognition for the time we put in, and things like the Ethy Cu' & polar bear give us that.

C

Crystal Canyon

But you don't ride around on a Polar bear, you don't have cannons in your house, and your +3 cloaks and robes relect the age of your account, although I'm not wearing a pink dress no matter how much of a status symbol it is.
WHAT? You wont wear a pink dress? Im disappointed in you GW!:sad4:

But I do totally agree with you on this...veterans deserve elite rewards for all the dedication they have shown to the game. And as you have pointed out, most do not mind at all sharing certain ones at all.

Kinda scary to know that you are almost 11 year vet. Did you read my post about the reward system and why each year you get a reward? You had better check out no.11, GW!:coco:

G

Ghost_Writer

Kinda scary to know that you are almost 11 year vet. Did you read my post about the reward system and why each year you get a reward? You had better check out no.11, GW!
I did, I know. My profile currently says 130 months... I think I have more experience with UO than anyone on the EA Mythic staff. Here's something even scarier, I've been on every single update beta since T2a, and even a couple of Alpha tests. In fact I purposely haven't poked anyone about SA because I want to see just one release post beta, instead of knowing everything ahead of time. Well that and I really don't have time to participate in a beta right now.

C

Crow

The virtue armor set sucks, and it's ugly. I usually laugh at people who actually wear it. I've thrown away tons of arms, legs and pretty much all the other junk that have fallen in to my pack during time spent in dungeons.

Most people do.

You wanna know what I think is scary? If you've read this far you probably do...if not I probably lost ya after the opening statement, haha...

Anyway, what is scary (besides scare crows...) is that there are people who have been playing for years upon years who are still clueless about stuff like this...

If you spend any ammount of time around anyone, you'd think you'd soak up some information...Unless there are a lot of people who just play alone.

Which begs the question...Why bother paying for a monthly subscription, or even the internet at all?

P

Pyrrhus

GW, hehe if it's all about status symbol on how long one has played the game,so that other's may know, then may we humbly suggest they just add that on the player's title or paperdoll you know something like the "Subjugator of the Vermin Horde" or something?

Playing and paying customers young or old as we said should be rewarded equally as we mentioned "we all pay the bills on a collated effort for EA"! No doubt about that eh? Not mere customers are we, we are actually the providers for the games existence hehe. Hope you got that.

Now since you have played the longer as you say actually you have the the very distinct advantage of getting your perks FREE.Is this not enough for you?

Why we poor souls if ever in a strange twist of fate have to acquire them at of course a reasonable premium.

However for one such as yourself you woulndn't like that would you? Now we discover a contardiction in your take on the matter. For instance you allow your dye tubs to be used by anyone but would not allow anybody to ride your errr beloved polar bears? :D

And this scenario is not because of you even if you wanted us to ride em, it's incumbent upon EA eh?

Guess for some folks they just can't get enough eh? For the sake of being on topic with this thread yes the virtue set does sux but so does the sorcerer and knight set for that matter and you all know that eh? However for the sake of dying of boredome in this game we all try to turn in items to get the trashy stuff. Now they have made everybody go "into" plants to pacify them hehe.

Couldn't they have used a different hat at least for the sorc set my vendors wears the same kind and color hehe. It's like walking into a fancy restaurant and seeing the shirt you're wearing on the table cloth hehe. So much for status symbol as we mentioned we are all equal in the eyes of UO as far as buying our gameplay codes are concerned one miss you die hehe.

Now we have to wait for the crumbs to fall our way for being players of the game eh? Great!

If anyone can show and PROVE to us this game is online only because of the veteran players..then we will rest our case.

G

Ghost_Writer

The virtue armor set sucks, and it's ugly. I usually laugh at people who actually wear it. I've thrown away tons of arms, legs and pretty much all the other junk that have fallen in to my pack during time spent in dungeons.

Most people do.

You wanna know what I think is scary? If you've read this far you probably do...if not I probably lost ya after the opening statement, haha...

Anyway, what is scary (besides scare crows...) is that there are people who have been playing for years upon years who are still clueless about stuff like this...

If you spend any ammount of time around anyone, you'd think you'd soak up some information...Unless there are a lot of people who just play alone.

Which begs the question...Why bother paying for a monthly subscription, or even the internet at all?
I never said it was good armor, nor that I would wear or use it. All I said was I wanted a full set. Hell I have a full set of snow globes and a full set of the first set of holiday bells. How useless are they? Not that I'm any type of real collector either, I'm more of a hobby collector in UO, I collect stuff that's relatively easy to get. I still have an original pure black dye tub, & a vet reward black tub, no practical difference between them, but I still keep the old one just because I know how old it is, and where they came from. Besides I also know how much I made off that thing and figure I owe it a decent retirement in a secure chest somewhere...
:D

P

Pyrrhus

My god man. Why are you making such a fuss over some piddly reward. You can't have it until you have put the time in game the same as any one else. I am sure :sad3:you didn't start playing this game when it first came out. I can't help with that. I am sure you will find a way to get the rewards anyway:rolleyes:. Maybe there is someone selling a vetern account you can buy so you can get the rewards sooner. GW, Ovargo, or Oriana please close this thread.

But why hehe? Are we getting too touchy for old timers like you? The conditions we have set has not been met.

Prove and show this game is online only because of veterans like you and we will rest our case. Otherwise if we are not all careful the entire game would be closed sooner than you reach your silver anniversary with UO LOL!!

Running away from the issues just to retain your age play advantage is the lowest thing one can do in this game c'mon bud fight like a man hehe. For me at least posting on this thread is better than playing the game itself (sometimes) hehe.

G

Ghost_Writer

If anyone can show and PROVE to us this game is online only because of the veteran players..then we will rest our case.
Never claimed any such thing. It's simply about customer appreciation and a small insignificant perk for those who have remained active customers. The longer you remain a customer the better the perk, supposedly. Truthfully I'd rather we get discounts on our fees but since that's not going to happen I'll take the status symbol.

So what is it you want that you can't have yet? And I stress yet, you obviously already have passion for the game so you, like the rest of us here, will be here until EA pulls the plug on the last server. And I'm quite sure you'll have at least few years worth of rewards when that happens. I'm also quite sure that after investing that much time in the game, you'll have your share of rewards and will be defending the same position I am by then. :)

G

Ghost_Writer

Running away from the issues just to retain your age play advantage is the lowest thing one can do in this game c'mon bud fight like a man hehe.
There is no game play advange to any of the rewards. They fixed those. The only exception is the +3 robe and cloak which really aren't much of an advantage, and I agree that should be remedied somehow. Otherwise it's all house deco and for looks.

G

Ghost_Writer

Prove and show this game is online only because of veterans like you and we will rest our case. Otherwise if we are not all careful the entire game would be closed sooner than you reach your silver anniversary with UO LOL!!
I can't prove it because I don't have access to accounting figures. But it is well know that one of UO's biggest problems is attracting new players. The vet to new account ratio is way out of balance. And as far as reaching 25? I'd be extremely surprised myself. UO is already the longest running MMORPH and by far. And although it may not be growing, it does have enough people playing to keep it very profitable, and as long as it's profitable EA will keep it open. Pure business.

C

Crystal Canyon

But why hehe? Are we getting too touchy for old timers like you? The conditions we have set has not been met.

Running away from the issues just to retain your age play advantage is the lowest thing one can do in this game c'mon bud fight like a man hehe. For me at least posting on this thread is better than playing the game itself (sometimes) hehe.

No one is running away from anything here and no one has ever said that this games survival is dependent upon vet players. I dont know where you came up with such...lol

But I for one will fight his issue as you say...like a man, and that is simply by trying to explain to you what the real issue is here with your problem.

Sir, with all due respect, and knowing how you play the game, the problem is that you went out and bought a ankk and then couldnt use it.

This is typical of your play style. You buy everything you want in the game. You have no want or need to try to earn anything....some of use do. There is a special satisfaction most of us get from simply earning the great treasures of the game. One of them being rewards obtained from playing the game for many years.

Your play style is more of a "I see, I want" type of thing. NOthing wrong with that, many people play the game that way. Its just that Many of us dont.

Probably before your account was 6 months old you had obtained many artifacts that most players at that stage would never have had. This is all fine and dandy, if thats how you want to play. But please dont try to take away our play style of earning rewards simply because you cant buy "veteran time".

The items you want to purchase and use are items that "we" look forward to being able to obtain through dedication to the game and earning the right to use them.

As Orvago explained, these are rewards, not game items...there is a huge difference there.

Hang in there, your time will come. Have fun in the game and look forward to having things we have now. You will appreciate them more, I promise you.

P

Pyrrhus

Since you can't close the thread anyways for you claimed to be guilty as well?

And you can't prove this game is online solely on the merits of veteran players.

And since there is no age play advantage at all on the rewards making it thus academic to aspire for (we mean why not pro-offer it to new players huh?)

And since this is all really mere healthy banter..

And since nobody specially veterans can take away my JOY of playing this game..

We will still not rest our case until equal opportunities for all (old and new players alike) in using the veteran rewards within certain conditions to protect the old time players for their long time patronage of the game are implemented.

That is what we desire if EA says no it is to be expected but should they agree to our promptings then we can sing Happy Days are here again.

One thing is clear here, nothing rest on anyone's hands in this thread as far as what should be done. But we do hope for the best in all things just for the common good of all not just for the "chosen" few.

We are after all together in the "pursuit" of happiness are we?

P

Pyrrhus

Hehe Crystal, if you really wanna know I didn't buy an anhk. But I did buy an ethy swampy even if I knew I couldn't ride it.

I was glad to give it away tho to a friend who was a veteran hehe nice to know I could do that eh?

You may know some of my game pleasures but let me assure you not by a longshot do you know me hehe.

After 10 years GW, sorry I won't have the same position you have why I dun even know if you will be here tomorrow hehe.

Opposition is best faced headon not on your back we say.

We are but a tiny speck in the great sea which is UO..question is will we be heard or bullied over? :D

P

Pyrrhus

Yes, but as the old saying goes..."you cant buy happiness"

The truism on the word "pursuit" is such that it will never be attained. And as such who needs to buy it eh? Just to clear the field.

And oh like you I too do work for whatever I need on the shard never get the wrong notion that I just buy things ok ( that is an unfair assumption) that's below the belt but since you're a lady I just let it slide hehe :D

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you can't prove this game is online solely on the merits of veteran players.
*Orvago waves his hand from a nearby oak tree*

I can!

*He hops down out of the tree eager to speak*

Ultima Online went live in some 11 years ago, correct? Well, if any players are still around from that time, they would be Veterans, correct?

*Orvago gasps*

I'm getting to the point!

So, without all those Veterans, the game never would have made it to this very day. It would have died off ages ago. Sure sure, the game gets new players all the time, but at some point, if all the Veterans (as they would now be known) would have left, the game would have been empty and unappealing to new players and Ultima Online would not have survived.

Okay.. this could probably be construed as an opinion of historical facts.. so I go back to my tree..

*Orvago hops back into his favourite tree*

P

Pyrrhus

An opinion it may be so, but still better by far than an uncalled for evaluation of one's psychiatric condition in their wrongfully perceived errr "style" of play in UO! LOL!

As we respect your right as a veteran to head on and boldly declare your position. We in turn do feel that the veterans should retain the advantage of getting their perks FREE.

Again if ever we would not like us new comers to just get it off the rack just like that so as we suggested a premium be imposed on those who just wanna have fun and why not eh?

How much does a polar bear ethy cost 3M? Why I got myself a stupid looking grizzly mare for 11M! All that just to ride it. It sure won't hurt me to buy a polar bear for 5M eh?

Still in all it just boils down to Status and Pride (which doesn't at all that one is better in the game just longer). There is no concrete proof to say the very least why we new players and payers of UO should not be entitled to use such rewards eh?

The great equalizer like death is your connection to the game if you fail to buy your time here eh? Now would the 11 year itch errr playing period you all spent be worth a dime? I dunno so you tell me folks hehe.

If this is to mean that playing here for 11 years means that the veterans are carrying the game to exist..then we don't think so unless proven otherwise of course outside of an all sweeping opinion which however we appreciate just the same.

In the meantime we can all hop on our trees hehe. As we cannot rest our case yet.

:D

C

Crystal Canyon

Hehe Crystal, if you really wanna know I didn't buy an anhk. But I did buy an ethy swampy even if I knew I couldn't ride it.
Please refer to these posts you made earlier in this thread:

What we are just pointing out here is the perks becomes useless as progress will ultimately overcome the new player, why the first year vet rewards has already shown marked improvement with the commodity deed thingy alone so why wait for 5 years to use an anhk?

If you didnt buy this anhk you claim you have here, how did you get it? You couldnt have gotten it from your reward gump being a 11 month player. You also claim to have bought other vet rewards that you know you cannot use yet:

But I did buy an ethy swampy even if I knew I couldn't ride it.
I currently own a seven year vet reward the weapon engraver. Now in all intent purposes I don't deserve this being just 11 months (not years old),

Now, lets see, thats an anhk, an etheral swampy that you couldnt ride, and a weapons engraver, that you cant use yourself, also a statue that you couldnt use and I placed for you in your home...if you didnt buy these items, and you couldnt get them from the rewards gump, how in the world did you obtain them....and why? Im sorry but this doesnt make alot of sense to me at all.

You may know some of my game pleasures but let me assure you not by a longshot do you know me hehe.
And I, in no way, shape or form claimed to know you on a personal level. If you will kindly go back and read my post, I did claim to know your play style.

This is typical of your play style. You buy everything you want in the game. You have no want or need to try to earn anything....some of use do. There is a special satisfaction most of us get from simply earning the great treasures of the game. One of them being rewards obtained from playing the game for many years.

Your play style is more of a "I see, I want" type of thing. NOthing wrong with that, many people play the game that way. Its just that Many of us dont.
The main reason that I made these remarks is for the simple fact that I do know you buy alot of your game items because you told me that. I have even helped you to do so. And as I also stated, I see nothing wrong with that, it is your style...its just not mine. So, the statements I made are quite legitiment.

I would also like to address these statements you made, they are quite confusing to me:

One thing is clear here, nothing rest on anyone's hands in this thread as far as what should be done. But we do hope for the best in all things just for the common good of all not just for the "chosen" few.

We are after all together in the "pursuit" of happiness are we?
The truism on the word "pursuit" is such that it will never be attained. And as such who needs to buy it eh? Just to clear the field.
The word pursuit means to find ways to obtain or accomplish.

In this case, you are refering to finding a way to obtain happiness by being able to own and use vet rewards that your account is not old enough to employ. Your "Truism" is that it will never be obtained so why buy it?

Thats exactly what Ive been trying to say...if you cant use it yet, why buy it?

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My god man. Why are you making such a fuss over some piddly reward. You can't have it until you have put the time in game the same as any one else. I am sure you didn't start playing this game when it first came out. I can't help with that. I am sure you will find a way to get the rewards anyway:. Maybe there is someone selling a vetern account you can buy so you can get the rewards sooner.

I am completely sorry I deleated this post from last evening so I am puting it back.

I am completely baffled at Pyrrhus. If he is so upset at the rewards system in our game why doesn't he find some other pursuit. Go pick some mangos. Send me a box full. Sure, I have at times said to myself "I want that 10th year reward". I know I will have to wait until I been in game long enough to collect it. So I am waiting until February so I can get the commodity deed box, a first year reward, and I will most likely have to give up a 9th year pick to get it. But that will be MY choice when the time comes. I have to accept the game mechanics if I wish to play UO. The only other option is to quit. Most people who play this game look forward to that anniversary time when they can pick a suitable reward. Buck up Pyrrhus and quit your whining.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that EA made a mistake in allowing anyone without the vetern time in game to purchase Vet rewards they cannot use. I am sure some thought was put to that so that vet rewards could be traded between Vets of equal status, However, many people have purchsed vet rewards without knowing they can't actually use them and that is a shame. Perhaps more warnings are needed to prevent this kind of mishap. Maybe the Pyrrhus's of the game would be appeased.

Just who is the WE you refer too in your posts anyway? Is there a group out there trying to change vet rewards or is there just a mouse in your pocket.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Most people do.

It was good armor just not the best armor. No other resists on it. I over heard someone in the bank say that PVPers don't like the virtue armor because it is all blessed so it can't be looted. The best part was that each peice was worth 10k turn in points.