Questions about Spellweaving for PvP

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
P

ProFF7

Ok im thinking of adding SW to my char, so some questions I need answered:

- How much damage does Thunderstorm with and without focus 6?

- What is the chance of Thunderstorm and Essence of wind crippling FC/FCR against 120 resist?

- Does Wildfire's damage stack on top of each other? (multiple casters etc)

- How much damage does wildfire per tick with focus 6?

- How much extra damage is added with Immolating weapon? (Lv6)

thx

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
The damage from thunderstorm is not great. What is great is the range, quickness, ability to reveal stealthers, and it greatly decreases the targets FCR if the thunderstorm interrupts their spell.

Wind will give the targets negative FC regardless of their resist. Thunderstorm only gives the penalty if you disrupt their casting.

Not sure if wildfire stacks. I'm usually the only spellweaver when I pvp with friends.

Wildfire damage depends on the targets fire resist. The damage isn't huge, but it has a huge aoe and it is more useful for disruption purposes when pushing a grinder or any fight in an enclosed space than it is for all out damage.

I don't recall the immolating damage when I tested it.. I remember it was insignificant enough to never use it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
I've never used SW. I've been prepping a char to build with Lynk's ninjitsu-sw-mystic mage template (http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-spellcaster/213646-defensive-mage-template.html, post#6).

Is sw for PvP worth it with a low level focus? At 60 sw, I can't see there being many other chars I can circle with (40-80 sw range).

If sw isn't worth it without a lvl 6 focus, I'll probably just go 60 necro instead for evil omen and pain spike (20 ss from human joat).

-OBSIDIAN-

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
It is pretty difficult to find people to get a circle with if you only have 60 weaving.

What I do is soulstone weaving off, and get a no skill circle, then put it back on.

I have three accounts so I just go to brit and usually settle for a level 4 focus just from my accounts. All I really want is to be able to cast 4 pixies in one cast so it works.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
Ah, that would work. I have four accounts so I guess that means I could reliably get a lvl 5 focus. Hmmm...

Do all of the human JOAT only characters have to complete the SW quest before they count for your circle?

-OBSIDIAN-

P

ProFF7

The damage from thunderstorm is not great. What is great is the range, quickness, ability to reveal stealthers, and it greatly decreases the targets FCR if the thunderstorm interrupts their spell.

Wind will give the targets negative FC regardless of their resist. Thunderstorm only gives the penalty if you disrupt their casting.

Not sure if wildfire stacks. I'm usually the only spellweaver when I pvp with friends.

Wildfire damage depends on the targets fire resist. The damage isn't huge, but it has a huge aoe and it is more useful for disruption purposes when pushing a grinder or any fight in an enclosed space than it is for all out damage.

I don't recall the immolating damage when I tested it.. I remember it was insignificant enough to never use it.
Ya I know the damage is not huge, but since Im thinking of a character for dungeon fighting in mass battles, I would like to know how much damage I can expect from them. I remember 6-9ish damage from these spells but Im not sure

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 1, 2008
Ah, that would work. I have four accounts so I guess that means I could reliably get a lvl 5 focus. Hmmm...

Do all of the human JOAT only characters have to complete the SW quest before they count for your circle?

-OBSIDIAN-
No they dont. Any char (Even dead) count as a circle long as they are on the circle.

R

racso

I think I use to have a pentagram at my house and 4 vendors on it, and it use to work for me.

I have a long time I don't use SW so I don't know if this could be done anymore.

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 18, 1999
I think I use to have a pentagram at my house and 4 vendors on it, and it use to work for me.

I have a long time I don't use SW so I don't know if this could be done anymore.
Would be really interesting to know if this works although I suspect we won't be that lucky !

J

[JD]

This is probably the most useful thread I've been able to search for regarding spellweaving...

How high would you guys take sw on a chiv/med/fencer?

if I added Myst/Focus (instead of med), does it cap chiv/sw at 2/6 even if I have 4/6?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
This is probably the most useful thread I've been able to search for regarding spellweaving...

if I added Myst/Focus (instead of med), does it cap chiv/sw at 2/6 even if I have 4/6?
Yes it does cap it at 2/6, mysticism works like Magery to chiv.

if you have the skill points available i think their are tiers of spellweaving. 78 if you want to never fail pixies, 92 if u never want to fail wind, and then something like 106 if you never want to fail wildfire.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Yes it does cap it at 2/6, mysticism works like Magery to chiv.

if you have the skill points available i think their are tiers of spellweaving. 78 if you want to never fail pixies, 92 if u never want to fail wind, and then something like 106 if you never want to fail wildfire.
Well it does not affect SW at all either way. But I am not sure if it affects chiv, but I don't see why it would since chiv does not offer the same benefits as magery. And I would suggest 78 for pvp, but then it depends on what exactly you plan to do in pvp, as I have mine at 92 to wind groups of people.

Sir Mastermind

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
A few sweet things for spellweaving pvp with a level 6 focus:

essence of wind covers your ENTIRE screen and lowers faster casting. When you lower an entire guilds faster casting and interrupt them all at the same time it can have a major effect for sure.

Thunderstorm, as pointed out is the BEST for finding stealthers. AND (not so good if you are red) it works inside guard zones.

I have not tried pushing with wildfire yet, but due to its huge area, I think it could be great.

with 120 weaving and a level 6 focus, attunment will absorb close to 90 damage from a weapon.

Ever tried killing a spellweaver when they have gift of renewal on?

Even been chased by 4 pissed off pixies?

Gift of life lasts about 15 mins and gives you an auto rez after you die. Many times I have gotten killed in the middle of a dungeon. Just wait for them to leave, pop your rez, and be on your way.

When you are pressed for time, Word of death can really shave off a lot of time from a champ. Not to mention if you feel like coming in while the champ is still up, I can get scrolls just from dropping one word of death on a champ.

A lot of people really don't realize how useful spellweaving is in pvp. But it surely is.

Reactions: Botak