• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about Lake Superior Shard

K

kelte02

Hi everyone,

I am a soon to be new player to UO and since i have not yet decided on with Shard to play i wanted to know the impressions of the player that play on this Shard about the fellowing subjects.

1. Play style preference (PvE/PvM or PvP or RP) ?

2. If it is PvP, does it seem to be organised PvP (guild vs guild/Duel/Faction "war") or does it seem to be Pker attacking anyone in sight just because they feel like it?

3. Does it seem there are many thief ?

4. Server population ?

5. Is it hard to find a spot to build a house ?

Thank everyone for all of your feedback about those questions.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Play style preference (PvE/PvM or PvP or RP) ?

I would say there is a healthy pvp presence, but mostly pvm here lately with events and such

2. If it is PvP, does it seem to be organised PvP (guild vs guild/Duel/Faction "war") or does it seem to be Pker attacking anyone in sight just because they feel like it?

There are a couple of organized pvp groups, mostly faction guilds, and also lots of gate fighting in the prime times

3. Does it seem there are many thief ?

Not very many thieves here lately

4. Server population ?

Pretty good population, not packed, but not hard to find people either.

5. Is it hard to find a spot to build a house ?

House spots are plentiful, anywhere from 18x18 and up can be found if you look enough. Our guild has placed about half a dozen keeps here in the last month or so.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hafta say Ls rules. I had characters on highest populated shards, Great lakes and Atl, as well as on Drachenfels.
After much soulstoning and transfers Ls has been my home for 3 years.
Lotta people, but still find places to hunt.
Plenty of house spots, even if ye start sort mid level.
While some shards have goods cheaper, ls has better selection for sale for the money.

Welcome to UO, and hopefully Lake superior.

K

kelte02

Thank everyone for all the anwsers. After reading all of the anwsers i got in the different shards section of the forum i decided to go for the Legends shard.