• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question

G

Returning player here.

A few questions:
1. Have they updated the graphics at all?
2. Do they plan to upgrade the graphics and if so, to what level (sims 2 quality?)
3. Have they already updated some graphics and if so, do I have to join a certain city (server) to see them?

Thank you for answers!

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know they are updating the graphics I think they have started a little bit lol not 100% sure on that though.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

They are just about to update the graphics in TC3-test game mode. The graphics will be Sims 2 graphics, from what I have read.

G

Welcome back!

<blockquote><hr>

A few questions:
1. Have they updated the graphics at all?

<font color="red"> Its in the works, several of the updates have been to prepare for the coming graphics changes. </font>

2. Do they plan to upgrade the graphics and if so, to what level (sims 2 quality?)

<font color="red"> Yes to TS2 graphics. </font>

3. Have they already updated some graphics and if so, do I have to join a certain city (server) to see them?

<font color="red"> Nothing is visible so far. You can login to TC3-test if you see a colored worm on the maxis screen then your card is fine for the future graphics updates. If you dont see it or you get an error message you may need to update to DirectX 9 or you might get a message that your card doesnt support pixel shader 2.0. There is a list of graphics cards that are known to work at www.game-blueprints.com </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Thank you for the fast replies! wow

I had forgotten how awesome the TSO community is.

(and 'omg' at them updating the graphics, *just* what this game needs)

VERY excited at this.

Thanks again!

G

One last question (dont kill me hehe)

What is the difference between Test Center 3 and Test Center 3-Test?

Thanks!

G

Say, I had a similar question too about the number of floors.

If the graphics become Sims 2 quality, will there be more floors too? That would really be awesome!

G

There was this question in Luc's blog post clicky

If we increase the number of Sims, it would make sense to enable more floors in the lots. How many floors do you think is the maximum number of floors we should have?

It took me a few minutes to find this and for a minute I got scared that it was just a dream!

G

Welcome back

You sure picked an exciting time to come back !

Have fun and enjoy.

Polly