• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question

G

I'm still quite new to taming, and i cant remember where I was told this, but am I correct in understanding that when a pet dies, the skills it had cannot be traned above what it had prior to its death?

K

KaneK89

They can be. They can't be trained above what it had after the initial tame, though.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any skill that a pet possesses has a minimum cap of 100. If a pet has a skill that was greater than 100 after it was tamed that value becomes the pet’s cap in that skill. If, for example, you tame a pet with 75 wrestling that pet’s cap in wrestling is 100. If you tame a pet that has 112 evaluate intelligence that pet’s cap on evaluate intelligence is 112.

When a bonded pet dies it looses .1 in each skill. Each skill can be trained back to whatever its cap is. So, if your 112 evaluate intelligence pet dies the skill drops to 111.9 but you can train it back up to 112.

I

imported_zeroshade

dont forget about the 10% stat taming loss hiryu with 120 wrestling before tame will be 108 wrestling after tame. the wrestling cant go higher than this, but can be trained back to the original tamed value when it dies

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, that is why I said that a skill greater than 100 after it is tamed becomes the pet’s cap. Too bad we can not train them to their species maximum.