• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question with regards to sigil timer

G

Gellor

I'm trying to understand the sigil timer.

My understanding is there are two timers:
1) 15 minute timer for possible reset of sigil corruption (Corruption timer from here on)
2) 30 minute timer for possible return of sigil to spot where stolen (Return timer from here on)

For my scenario, let's say an SL stole a sigil from the TB base.

1) The TB corruption timer would be reset in 15 minutes unless TB gets it back. Correct?
2) The SL guy has 30 minutes to place the sigil at his base. Correct?

Now here is my confusion. Let us say that a Minax guy kills the SL guy before he gets to the SL base. What happens to the sigil timers?
3A) Does the corruption timer reset? Or does it remain on the original 15 minute one?
3B) Does the return timer reset? Or does it remain on the original 30 minute one?

To add further confusion to this. Let us say instead that TB killed the SL guy before he gets to the SL base. What happens to the sigil timers?
4A) Does the corruption timer reset? Or does it remain on the original 15 minute one?
4B) Does the return timer reset? Or does it remain on the original 30 minute one?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Gellor,

I hope this helps...

Nothing resets the timer except getting it back to the original post from which it was stolen..... So you have 15 mins to get it back on the post reguardless of what happens to the sigil during that time (although I always felt is was closer to 20 mins then 15... I'll have to get my stop watch out to test it).

So if SL steals it... dies to a Minax... Minax places at Minax base.... TB thief steals and runs it to Castle and places on post within 15 mins - The timer is not reset but instead continues toward coruption... If stolen again, a new 15 min. timer begins and TB would again have to recover it within that 15 minutes.

Also just getting it back isn't enough... you must place it on the post within 15 minutes. so if you kill the thief and carry the sigils around for over 15 minutes you will have actually reset your own sigil timer.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Lore Denin

PS I will test the timer at some point, I have always played it to be 20 mins to reset and 40 to bounce.

I

InspectorGadget

On the timers, have they been re-set to 10hours for town corruption?

What i mean is, i saw no patch notes about the changes so if they have what are the new corruption time and time you hold the towns?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the timers, have they been re-set to 10hours for town corruption?

What i mean is, i saw no patch notes about the changes so if they have what are the new corruption time and time you hold the towns?
Yes, since the last publish, the sigil timers have been reset to the hold for 10 hours and control the town for 3 days.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Lore... it is 15 minutes to reset, 30 minutes before it will drop out of your pack... trust me, I know this to the exact second ... ;)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
^ Truth. The timers are very, very, very consistent on this, as well (as she said, to the second).

W

wee papa smurf

Hi Lore... it is 15 minutes to reset, 30 minutes before it will drop out of your pack... trust me, I know this to the exact second ... ;)
Yea true, i remember this because of the times i spent hiding in Brit castle with there beloved sigil countless times :D

T

themuzzer

ok i have a question on this, if you guys could give me a little help ..... ok, im at my stronghold and it says"this sigil has been corrupted by the followers of minax" and under that it says "this sigil in not in the process of being corrupted" so why cant i steal it and take it back to its town? FYI before it said this it read going through purification...purification took over ten hours, how long will this now last?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ Truth. The timers are very, very, very consistent on this, as well (as she said, to the second).
Unless you're using a sun dial to time them. Then you're calculations may vary... I don't suggest this method but as usual, we got some knuckle heads on these forums.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you're using a sun dial to time them. Then you're calculations may vary... I don't suggest this method but as usual, we got some knuckle heads on these forums.
Welcome back Anthius :)......you dont use a sun dial you use your stove timer, huh tinkz!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You'd be surprised. My sun dial with rock your socks.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Lore... it is 15 minutes to reset, 30 minutes before it will drop out of your pack... trust me, I know this to the exact second ...

Wouldn't this be 900 and 1800 seconds then? :D