• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Question with Discord!!

• Thread starter I Am Hypnotic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

I Am Hypnotic

Ok so I am making a discord archer. What I am wondering is if I have my discord and music at say 90/90 base. Say I go to a barraccoon and put on a set of jewels to make me 120/120.. I discord the baracoon then remove the jewels.. Does the b'coon stay discorded as long as I stay within range? How does that work?.. Any advice let me know!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mastery abilities are based on true skill. May not get much out of the minimum 90/90.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Ok so I am making a discord archer. What I am wondering is if I have my discord and music at say 90/90 base. Say I go to a barraccoon and put on a set of jewels to make me 120/120.. I discord the baracoon then remove the jewels.. Does the b'coon stay discorded as long as I stay within range? How does that work?.. Any advice let me know!
Yes. It wears off if you are out of range or hidden for 11 seconds.

I

I Am Hypnotic

I would not go out of range or invis.

I would simply discord. Stand there put headdress and other jewels on and then just shoot the b'coon.

So it will or will not stay discorded?..

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yes it will. ( ...as I said in previous post... you also said how does it work, so I explained that too)

I

I Am Hypnotic

Yes it will. ( ...as I said in previous post... you also said how does it work, so I explained that too)
Yea I was mainly wondering cuz of what that supposed UO Designer up there said.

That is good cuz then a char I will mainly be using for b'coon can have 150 actual points and be able to discord.. That is sick.. 70 music and 80 discord is all u need then.

Also GOD ty for the stone form dexxer! It is truly the ****.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im in the same boat as a few of ya

i have a couple disco archers that are pure 120

then i have a couple that i made here in the last few months that i only have at like 90/90 or 100/100 and then have a sick set of imbued buables to get me to 120.

so i can still use them as i allways have, i just wont be able to use them with the new mastery skills set.

is that game ending.

nope.

i just miss out on a couple more hp damage.

and as for the original poster, why not just imbue up some nice baubles that have the music and disco you need and leave them on all the time?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't think he was asking in relation to the new stuff, just how Discord itself works.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
agreed

but why wouldnt you slap one of the new ones on at the same time and recieve the extra perks.

I

I Am Hypnotic

Well mainly because the character is just for killing coons or harrowers. Not pvp'ng at all on the char whatsoever. I had taken healing/anat off to soulstone onto this stone form dexxer i'm making (once again kudos to GOD) and was wondering what I could replace it with. Wanted something to easily kill coon with when i'm chaining despise and figured a discord bush chiv archer would be a good idea.

Having it at 70 music 80 discord would allow me to put a 30 set of jewels a mark of trav and the arms with 10 music and discord it then put my headdress back on and regular jewels. That means I only have to put 150 points into music/discord instead of 240 which allows me to put something like more tactics or a whole extra skill added onto my normal jewels.

Right now I'm thinking that my temp is going to be something like this for base skills.

100 archery
90 tactics
120 bushido
65 chiv
100 necro
70 music
80 discord (music discord will prolly have to be 80/90 since i don't have a mark of travesty yet with discord/music)

That leaves me with around 60 or so skill points (didn't actually add it up) plus whatever I put on jewels. Really dont' even need DCI.. will have hunters headdress and storm grips but no 10hci on talisman cuz i'll be using a vermin slayer.

GOD I'd actually love to hear your ideas you are pretty good with the templates lol

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

For Barracoon/Harrower, I'd use this: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=209125
Did a really fast couple of Shimmerings with that yesterday. It's actually the Throwing version of an Archery template I helped a friend with so it works for either. (Archery set up is harder though with Tinker Legs, Turq ring and 40 SSI Heavy's as they need 55 SSI, Throwing only needs 45.)

Or if you want to stay with Discord & Archery I'd probably change Necro for either 100 Anatomy for more damage or Necro/SS so you can use Wraith Form.