• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question: What weapon types?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For each skill type, which weapon type do you consider to be the most desirable in pvm, and which the least?
Disregarding properties, just the style.
Years ago most sword fighters used katanas and most fencers kryss, but what is best now?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Swords: Double Axe and Bladed Staff
Mace: Black Staff and War Axe
Fencing... ummm... switch to swords or mace

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swords: Hatchet, Large Battle Axe, Double Axe.
Mace: Black Staff, Hammer Pick,Tessen
Fencing: Leaf blade,spiked whip,Lajatang

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about for gargoyles?

I'll tell you why I'm asking. After seeing an impoverished returner looking for slayer weapons in general chat I did a bit of research. Uber weapons for rich players can be found, but not reasonably priced, lower spec weapons that players such as the one who was asking can afford.
I plan to run a vendor with low-ish spec, cheaply made slayers for this market.
Metal weapons will be made in dull copper for durability, imbued with slayer property (repond, undead, elemental, arachnid and dragon) I can't do reptile or demon, the main ingredient is too hard to come by to maintain a range. Additional properties will be mana and life leech as high as possible without void orbs. Wooden weapons are crafted in Yew, which adds 5% hci and an extra 10 di. I've also harvested some juka bows, turned on, imbued with 40 di, enhanced with Yew and then imbued with leeches as for the metal ones.
My hope is that these weapons are too low spec to attract re-sellers but will supply the need.

I don't need to worry about material costs, I farm those - and have a nice supply of maps as a by-product.

My problem was, I didn't know which weapons to make, so thank you for the help with that.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Swords: broadsword and radiant scimar and maybe regular scimitar for 1 handed, bladed staff and double axe for 2 handed
Archery: composite bow and magical shortbow and maybe yumi
Throwing: soul glaive and boomerang
Fencing/mace: (not a big fan of these skills in pvm)

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My problem was, I didn't know which weapons to make, so thank you for the help with that.
Bladed staff for single target damage using AI.
Double axe with hit area for multiple target damage.

HML/HSL

Then either (depending on other stats on the suit)

SSI
DI
HLL
Slayer
HLD
HLA

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all.
@DJAd I can't adjust for suits, I'm selling on a vendor, not making to order.
I'm imbuing cheaply so that I can sell cheaply, ie the only 'special' resource is for the slayer property, so we have di from except bonus, or from Yew on wooden weapons, hml and hll at max without orbs. Dull copper gives durability without use of PoF. Yew also gives 5% hci. Is HLD needed when you have slayer anyway?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about for gargoyles?

I'll tell you why I'm asking. After seeing an impoverished returner looking for slayer weapons in general chat I did a bit of research. Uber weapons for rich players can be found, but not reasonably priced, lower spec weapons that players such as the one who was asking can afford.
I plan to run a vendor with low-ish spec, cheaply made slayers for this market.
Metal weapons will be made in dull copper for durability, imbued with slayer property (repond, undead, elemental, arachnid and dragon) I can't do reptile or demon, the main ingredient is too hard to come by to maintain a range. Additional properties will be mana and life leech as high as possible without void orbs. Wooden weapons are crafted in Yew, which adds 5% hci and an extra 10 di. I've also harvested some juka bows, turned on, imbued with 40 di, enhanced with Yew and then imbued with leeches as for the metal ones.
My hope is that these weapons are too low spec to attract re-sellers but will supply the need.

I don't need to worry about material costs, I farm those - and have a nice supply of maps as a by-product.

No sampire worth a spit will be a gargoyle. No swampy with extra damage reduction from armor barding deeds.

To add onto what djad said, I'd maybe rock some radiant scimitars for the newer players. They swing a lot faster than double axes. 2.5:heart:.25.

To any new sampire you see, tell them to farm miasma and make a lockpicker. Sell them fel maps for a mill a pop. Easiest way to make money. All you need is a halfass sampire, a scorp slayer, and 70 phys/pois resists on your toon.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all.
@DJAd I can't adjust for suits, I'm selling on a vendor, not making to order.
I'm imbuing cheaply so that I can sell cheaply, ie the only 'special' resource is for the slayer property, so we have di from except bonus, or from Yew on wooden weapons, hml and hll at max without orbs. Dull copper gives durability without use of PoF. Yew also gives 5% hci. Is HLD needed when you have slayer anyway?
You also lose one mod if u imbue on a weapon made with dull copper .
What you could do, is enhance with dull copper after imbue, but u will break some even with a +60 hammer.
For some strange reason it seems easier to enhance tinker made weapons, FX hatchets.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No sampire worth a spit will be a gargoyle. No swampy with extra damage reduction from armor barding deeds.

To add onto what djad said, I'd maybe rock some radiant scimitars for the newer players. They swing a lot faster than double axes. 2.5:heart:.25.

To any new sampire you see, tell them to farm miasma and make a lockpicker. Sell them fel maps for a mill a pop. Easiest way to make money. All you need is a halfass sampire, a scorp slayer, and 70 phys/pois resists on your toon.
Maisma is so easy that you can do it on a garg halfass sampire without the need of a swampy..lol

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
New whips any good?
I have a couple of them for my swordsman/necro. They have the area effect like the radiant scimitar, but have a higher base damage! They swing at the same speed as a broad sword, so it's not like you need a lot of SSI/stamina to swing them at 1.25. Along with the fact you can imbue enough mana leech on them to be able to pretty much cast the special continously. It takes a fair amount of time, and A LOT of hammers to reforge 100% elemental damage on them though.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Those weapons need hit stamina leech or they won't be of much use. Since you aren't maxing the specs, make sure they have at least 30 hsl on them as well.
HSL is a life saver and what keeps warriors alive.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maisma is so easy that you can do it on a garg halfass sampire without the need of a swampy..lol
Well, I'm also hoping/assuming that a sampire is able to progress past the miasma stage.....which is where the armored swampy is needed for damage reduction.