• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question to Vendor search

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

how does vendor search work? For instance, I put a first aid belt on my vendor shortly after server up. When I search for "belt" or any other string that is on that object, I dont get any result except for ninja belts. Does it take one server-up to update vendors?

Regards, Fizzle

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well sometimes if you search for such a basic search it can’t show all results and would only be able to show a select amount. So you would have to limit it by searching more like aid belt or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep but I exactly tried all strings - "First Aid Belt" to "belt". "Belt" delivers only 3 pages of ninja belts, then it's done

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm weird I would suggest single click your vendor and make sure he isn’t opted out of vendor search. And if he isn’t take it back off and when you place the price add text... something like this
10,000,000 first aid belt
What that does it set the search for that special words. I do that when someone specific wants an item...
Like this
10,000,000 name of person. They can just search their name and normally only item on VS when it’s a name like big papa, fizzleton or slayer of flowers

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get the belt in about 2 days of playing why buy unless your out of town or just plain bored with UO like I am lol

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

Thx for the answers, but can't check it like proposed, since it sold for 60 Mills already... was the good old "I put a rune at luna and brit bank" thing, not vendor search, that helped me sell it...

but anyway thx a lot Planters, nice hints, will try them next time I have a prob. Vendor was not opted out btw...

Regards, Fizzle

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well glad it sold and sorry I couldn’t help you more. I love operating vendors so there’s a billion hints that you learn over the years

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought they had to manually add these things to the list of items for vendor search to consider...?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Search high to low and low to high price to see everything.