• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question(s)

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Hi. So, I don't play on Siege but lately I have been venturing to Felucca more often. I saw someone in GenChat taunting someone else after a Fel IDOC by saying "You should go train with the people on Siege."

I feel like that's kind of a good idea.

Here's my first question ... do you think it's viable for someone who mainly PvMs to use the same equipment/skills for occasional PvP? Or, would I have to carry a completely different set of armor with me? Obviously SP is different but the game mechanics are the same.

Next question, would anyone be willing to run a PvP clinic for the chronically Trammie on Test? That way, people could copy their player over and learn how to navigate PvP without as much worry.

Thanks!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hail and welcome to the Siege forum.
For your first question I´d say it may depend on your skills. If you´re a dexxer it´s hard to be successful in PvM with only PvP equipment whereas if you´re a mage you can be more successful in both areas with a blessed spellbook or two and some mage gear.
Maybe some of the PvPers will correct me but I think I´m pretty close to the mark here.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi. So, I don't play on Siege but lately I have been venturing to Felucca more often. I saw someone in GenChat taunting someone else after a Fel IDOC by saying "You should go train with the people on Siege."

I feel like that's kind of a good idea.

Here's my first question ... do you think it's viable for someone who mainly PvMs to use the same equipment/skills for occasional PvP? Or, would I have to carry a completely different set of armor with me? Obviously SP is different but the game mechanics are the same.

Next question, would anyone be willing to run a PvP clinic for the chronically Trammie on Test? That way, people could copy their player over and learn how to navigate PvP without as much worry.

Thanks!
Two words
Macro management
This and staying calm

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Hail and welcome to the Siege forum.
For your first question I´d say it may depend on your skills. If you´re a dexxer it´s hard to be successful in PvM with only PvP equipment whereas if you´re a mage you can be more successful in both areas with a blessed spellbook or two and some mage gear.
Maybe some of the PvPers will correct me but I think I´m pretty close to the mark here.
I'm a mage. I've tried to max out my defense chance increase and spell damage, mainly because lately I have been getting up close and personal with others ... what stats do you feel are most important for PvP?

And thanks for the welcome!

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Two words
Macro management
This and staying calm
I probably won't ever be calm LOL.

What type of macros do you recommend? The best tip I've gotten so far is to spam baby heals because you rarely if ever fail. This did actually keep me alive the other day ... but the attacker got away :)

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I probably won't ever be calm LOL.

What type of macros do you recommend? The best tip I've gotten so far is to spam baby heals because you rarely if ever fail. This did actually keep me alive the other day ... but the attacker got away :)
Talk to a pvper they will cast spells over and over the macos will depend on your build of course