• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] question regarding skill choice

G

GorLS

I just recently returned after a few years away and am running this:
Fishing (Main activity but will break for other farming)
Magery (utility)
Mystic (Main source of damage)
Focus
Resist
My question is should I give up Inscription for added utility of Spellweaving? I'm not sure 10% damage is enough to keep inscription on this character.

T

TheMac

I run 120 mage 120 eval 100 spellweaving 120 myst 120 focus 120 med works pretty well for anything i need to do...

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see that you don't have eval (or forgot to list it). Eval beats inscription any day since you have no real damage output threw magery as it is. I am not sure if inscription helps mysticism damage, to my knowledge it doesn't..but I am not sure. So I would drop scribe and pick up eval. Inscription is really only good from a pvpers point of view, the 10 sdi doesn't mean a whole lot against a monster but against a player it is a big deal.

I love spellweaving, but realize that without the arcane focus it is not very useful. So depending on what server you play on you may or may not want to pick up spellweaving. If you play atlantic or great lakes this won't be an issue at all, but some shards you could sit an hour or two before you get enough spellweavers together to get a focus. But spellweaving will give a nice bonus to defense and give you better survivability.

G

GorLS

It's been so long since I've played and I never played really played a full mage before. I had planned on the magery being mainly utility and mystic being damage. Focus is to mystics as eval is to magery.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I see that you don't have eval (or forgot to list it). Eval beats inscription any day since you have no real damage output threw magery as it is. I am not sure if inscription helps mysticism damage, to my knowledge it doesn't..but I am not sure. So I would drop scribe and pick up eval. Inscription is really only good from a pvpers point of view, the 10 sdi doesn't mean a whole lot against a monster but against a player it is a big deal.

I love spellweaving, but realize that without the arcane focus it is not very useful. So depending on what server you play on you may or may not want to pick up spellweaving. If you play atlantic or great lakes this won't be an issue at all, but some shards you could sit an hour or two before you get enough spellweavers together to get a focus. But spellweaving will give a nice bonus to defense and give you better survivability.
I dunno, even in PvM it is preferred to stack as much damage as possible, but I would agree mostly that for 0 PvP it might be best to pick up another skill. That being said, I am not sure I would go with eval if he does not plan on using Magery for damage spells, Meditation might be a better idea as mystic is mana heavy. SW is mana heavy as well, so really if you pick up SW you are going to want to have med on the template in either case(suppose could switch it with fishing anytime you are not doing that perhaps, I mean switch SW with fishing and always have Med on the template.) My 2 cents anyway.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah med would work nice, depends on his suit tho I know tons of people who run no med and just run off the focus for regen.. I personally can't do that so I like med. A splash of weaving is always nice, so mayb try 60 med 40 weave, arcane empowerment is one the best spells in the game in my opinion. Attunment and Gift of Renewel for defense are always great too. Of course you have to worry about a focus all the time.. depends on your situation I have empty soul stones so I run weird amounts of spellweaving and have no trouble get a focus.

C

Cloak&Dagger

yeah med would work nice, depends on his suit tho I know tons of people who run no med and just run off the focus for regen.. I personally can't do that so I like med. A splash of weaving is always nice, so mayb try 60 med 40 weave, arcane empowerment is one the best spells in the game in my opinion. Attunment and Gift of Renewel for defense are always great too. Of course you have to worry about a focus all the time.. depends on your situation I have empty soul stones so I run weird amounts of spellweaving and have no trouble get a focus.
I do run several characters with little to no med, but I try to give advice that is a bit more sound in practice and less on the advanced edge of things. And those two spells alone are worth the min investment to cast them 100% of the time.