• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question regarding Champ Spawns and Primers

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I did a champ spawn last night for the first time in a long time and got one primer, but I'm not sure when I got it. I think I got it when the champ was killed, but I'm not sure. It got me wondering if you only get primers from the champ or can you get them from killing the spawn?

Has anyone gotten a primer from the spawn at a champ spawn?

Thanks,

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only got them at spawns once the champ has been killed. 3x primers from fel spawns.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing 2-5 spawns a day since the publish went word wide. I only get primer drops upon the death of the champ. I have done the champ only in tram and have not received a single volume 3 primer only 1 and 2's.

I have received multiple pieces of the new set armor and a dozen or so recipe scrolls. Besides polishes and eggs nothing else. I did pick a egg up from the ground from under the dead turtle once(someones bad luck or full pack)?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have been doing 2-5 spawns a day since the publish went word wide. I only get primer drops upon the death of the champ. I have done the champ only in tram and have not received a single volume 3 primer only 1 and 2's.

I have received multiple pieces of the new set armor and a dozen or so recipe scrolls. Besides polishes and eggs nothing else. I did pick a egg up from the ground from under the dead turtle once(someones bad luck or full pack)?
Bad luck I suppose for them maybe they were overweight/cursed at the time. Never know.

I've been trying to get the recipes but mostly just getting the armor pieces. I haven't gotten anything besides a very few level 1 primers. But I haven't been doing a whole lot of spawns either. Mostly been focusing on other things... like taming a white tiger.

So far it's been fun. Not fond of the roof and if something isn't done about it won't likely be able to do it again since it's nearly impossible to get anyone to join me after their first experience since it took SOOOO Much time and with zip for reward they really aren't keen on repeating the effort.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the quick responses. I was guessing that primers only came from the champ. Guess I'll have to figure out which champ spawn is the easiest to do.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Did dozens of fel T2A champ spawns and about 10 ish champ spawns since the publish went live.
You get primers when the champion dies, along with the power scrolls. The champ will drop 6 power scrolls and 6 primers. You don't get them the same way you get pinks.
Protection also seem to give the protector extra primers the same way it does with power scrolls.

Ish champs only dropped level 1 primers. Got plenty of level 2 and a few rare level 3s from Fel champ spawns.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've done about three dozen Turtles since the publish as well as a dozen or so Ilsh champs. Mostly level 1 masteries but I got a level 3 Chiv from the turtle last night. Four turtle eggs total. Three recipe scrolls and two armor pieces from the spawn.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
But i got only 2 Primers form protection at Knight lvl.
Anybody got more Primers from protection?
It seems I am also getting only 2 primers with knight level when protecting only one player. I seemed to get more when protecting 3 players with my bard. I will do further testing this weekend.
Still, that makes for 8 primers per spawn total and 12 power scrolls. Pretty positive outcome in my book.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually get 3 sometimes 4 from protect. There has been a couple times I didn't get any on protect.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems I am also getting only 2 primers with knight level when protecting only one player. I seemed to get more when protecting 3 players with my bard. I will do further testing this weekend.
Still, that makes for 8 primers per spawn total and 12 power scrolls. Pretty positive outcome in my book.
If there is only 2 primers from protection, then MATH for doing champ for primers are not as intresting as for PS:

Primers and PS PER 1 player
Solo: 6 PS + 6 Primers
2 man: 6PS +4 Primers(=(6+2)/2 )

Still not bad, but...