• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Question re: Moonglow Docks

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know this is probably a stupid question, but has anyone else had problems making deliveries to the fishmonger at the Moonglow docks? I can handle one or two water elementals, but not an entire platoon. Is there an easier way to deliver to Moonglow without dying and losing your reward in the process? :stretcher:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just leave your boat out in the sea (same server) and you can just recall to the dock and turn in your quest !No need to bring the boat in!
!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And here I thought you had to be close to the dock. Thank you!!!

J

jpullen8874

Do you have to be near the dock at all? What about getting the new orders?
Seems like I tried this and said my boat as too far away, but that might only be to receive a new order.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you just have to be on same server so if you are at the floating emporium you can recall to Moonglow and turn in quests and also receive them!

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On this page from stratics UO Stratics - The Geography of UO
about 3/4 way down the page is a nice map of where the server lines are.

If you are within the correct server you can simply recall to pick up or drop off orders. Brit, Vesper, and Papua each have their own server, while Trinsic, Jhelom, Skara share a server and Moonglow and Floating docks share a server.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On this page from stratics UO Stratics - The Geography of UO
about 3/4 way down the page is a nice map of where the server lines are.

If you are within the correct server you can simply recall to pick up or drop off orders. Brit, Vesper, and Papua each have their own server, while Trinsic, Jhelom, Skara share a server and Moonglow and Floating docks share a server.
Note that the entrance to the lost lands sea on the Trinsic/Papua side is in the Vesper subserver, so if you're on the surface seas at the serpent pillar, you can recall to vesper to get your quest, recall back, use the pillar, recall to papua to get that quest, and go to the pillar to get back out. From there, just sail a bit more west, and you're in the Skara/Trinsic/Jhelom subserver. So just sailing back and forth between the Emporium and trinsic, stopping at the serpent pillar, will allow you to pick up and deliver from 7 of the 8 cities. Eventually, you'd have to detour to Britain.

J

jpullen8874

I'm so glad I learned this. I spent all day doing this and got quite a lot of quests turned in. Just as you stated about I found that the Jhelom/Skara server is a good place to hang out, then just go west to the moonglow/emporium server or just to the north for the Brit server. The only on that is a good distance trip is Vesper.

Now I just need to replenish my fish stores and start again.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Note that the entrance to the lost lands sea on the Trinsic/Papua side is in the Vesper subserver, so if you're on the surface seas at the serpent pillar, you can recall to vesper to get your quest, recall back, use the pillar, recall to papua to get that quest, and go to the pillar to get back out. From there, just sail a bit more west, and you're in the Skara/Trinsic/Jhelom subserver. So just sailing back and forth between the Emporium and trinsic, stopping at the serpent pillar, will allow you to pick up and deliver from 7 of the 8 cities. Eventually, you'd have to detour to Britain.
Oh wow... I've been wasting a LOT of time! LOL

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in general people dont think that actually taking your ship to the dock gives you ANY kind of advantage with rewards or type of order??

Also when do you get orders for dungeon fish? I haven't received a single one!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So in general people dont think that actually taking your ship to the dock gives you ANY kind of advantage with rewards or type of order??

Also when do you get orders for dungeon fish? I haven't received a single one!
106 skill to get dungeon fish on quests and your boat being in the docks makes no difference

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Storm! That will give me lots of time to stock up on dungeon fish since I am having no luck at all getting a +10 scroll **laughs*