• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question out of curiosity regarding Davy Jones Locker and vendors.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, this is more or less out of curiosity because it's sort of annoying me in a small way just because I don't understand whays going on LOL

Anyway, I have a Davy Jones Locker in my house with 496 maps in it.

Right now it says available storage is 1458 of which 743 are available for lockdowns.

Now if I take that same Locker, and put it on a vendor. Those totals show as follows...

Available storage is 1359 of which 644 are available for lockdowns.

Now that is a different of 99 items when placed on the vendor.

Not exactly complaining here, just trying to understand that why, when on a vendor. Are lockdowns affected with Davies, but when placed in a house. They only take up I think it's the one item slot. Well none at all actually because it's a house add-on.

I noticed bod books do something similar, but I think I kind of understand that, because it helps by lessening the lockdowns used even if the bods in the book are greater. But the thing with Davies, is just weird because item count is only affected when on a vendor. But again, that's because it's a house add-on where as a bod book is a locked down item.

It's just weird that the Davies only does that on a vendor even though it's a house add-on or is it because when on a vendor. Its acts similar to a bod book ?

Pretty much the same thing if you try to put it, Davies, in your characters bag but you've already got like 50 items in it you get the; you cant carry more items message.

I'd have to test, but I don't recall off the top of my head if bod books effect character backpacks as well. Like they do lockdowns / vendors.

I don't think they do though if memory serves.

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the full locker deed/500 maps counts as 100 items but only for container amount not storage. so every 5 maps count as one but only for container amount. if u use the new vender it may count as storage too. I have my lockers in bags of close to 100 in each bag but only count as 2 storage, one for deed one for bag.

1586838720501.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now if I take that same Locker, and put it on a vendor. Those totals show as follows...
There are 2 types of vendors. The commission vendors use house storage space. The other vendors do not use house storage space. Players put BOD books on the standard vendor and mark them not for sale so they do not use house storage space. If you can mark the locker not for sale it would do the same thing.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 2 types of vendors. The commission vendors use house storage space. The other vendors do not use house storage space. Players put BOD books on the standard vendor and mark them not for sale so they do not use house storage space. If you can mark the locker not for sale it would do the same thing.
I guess I could have mentioned not that it really matters, I always use commission vendors. Because I don't mind the final take from the price but also save me the hassle of having to constantly keep gold on them to pay the dailies, assuming it's an item that has to sit there a while because no one's ready to buy it yet or whatever.

Not to mention I always keep my vendors full of stuff, and I'm not paying THAT for daily rates for items I know will sit but eventually sell LMFAO