• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on Vet

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone ever done an analysis on what is the optimum amount of vet to have on our toons? I know all is always better and stable slots are important (but i can always add a ring to get the slots when needed) but is 100 vet enough? I am assuming that almost all tamers have 110/110 or 115/115 or higher in lore and taming.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone ever done an analysis on what is the optimum amount of vet to have on our toons? I know all is always better and stable slots are important (but i can always add a ring to get the slots when needed) but is 100 vet enough? I am assuming that almost all tamers have 110/110 or 115/115 or higher in lore and taming.
I often go with 100 vet and throw the other 20 points into hiding for my gargish and elf tamers. Seem to manage just fine with 100.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I actually get by with 60 Vet, with an additional +20 on jewelry when I need to res.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Depends on the temp really.. on my Archer/Tamer I run with 120. On my Mage/SW/Tamer I run with GM most of the time but there have been times to where I run with 0 then stone it back on when I need to rez the pet. The only way the Archer can heal his pet is with Vet, but with the Mage/SW I seldom use a bandie as most of the healing is ranged anyway.

Not me! I don't leave the house without 120 Taming 120 Animal Lore and 120 Vet. I just prefer real skill - the jewelry thing is not to my liking.
I understand ya there.. I used to be a purist like that as well.. until I discovered the flexibility a 830+ temp brings.... why run with only 720 when ya ain't got to?

Aeneas

Adventurer
at 80 vet -- heal chance 90%, rez chance 24, 20% cure poison level 3 etc
at 90 vet -- heal chance 100%, rez chance 44, 90% cure poison level 4, %80 level 5
at 100 vet -- heal chance 100%, rez chance 64%. 100% cure poison level 4 and 5

90 vet is enough to get 100% chance to heal. I have a few extra points so I put those in vet.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 90 taming and carry jewels with +15 on each so if I need to res my pet it usually does it first time.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
at 80 vet -- heal chance 90%, rez chance 24, 20% cure poison level 3 etc
at 90 vet -- heal chance 100%, rez chance 44, 90% cure poison level 4, %80 level 5
at 100 vet -- heal chance 100%, rez chance 64%. 100% cure poison level 4 and 5

90 vet is enough to get 100% chance to heal. I have a few extra points so I put those in vet.
I was wondering where this info is since it is what i was kinda looking for. Any advantage to 105, 110, 115 or 120 besides small increases in amount healed and stable slots?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My bard tamers all go with 120 since magery heals isn't really an option due to me always running masteries and my archer tamers generally go with 90 with the occasional cleanse by fire and close wounds tossed in for good measure. There's definitely a big difference in amount healed between 90 and 120.

Aeneas

Adventurer
My bard tamers all go with 120 since magery heals isn't really an option due to me always running masteries and my archer tamers generally go with 90 with the occasional cleanse by fire and close wounds tossed in for good measure. There's definitely a big difference in amount healed between 90 and 120.
HP healed is a function if both lore and vet and your pet original hp.

However the different is not that large in average. Between 100 vet and 120 vet (same lore) you will see about 10 extra hp healed in average. The hp healed has a large range so you cant really see that in normal play.

The main difference between 100 and above vet are mostly Rez chances and a around max 10 hp heal or so.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it essential. Apart for my dislike for putting skills on jewelry (I find that it limits your suit possibilities too much), I in more difficult encounters I vet in bursts. Many high end mobs like to target a player too much. Aggro is also a problem in the middle of a spawn. So I let my pet do it's thing until it's HP drop too much, then rush in, vet a few cycles and invis/heal myself. When you play like that, every gained point counts, so I always run with 120 vet and enhanced bandages.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Rail is very correct that 120 vet, along with stacking the enchanced bandages allows ya to pull off some crazy solo stuff... add comsume damage to the mix when they hit low lvl to buy time for a run in heal to 80% turn it off and invis ..and ya canr solo roof easy..I like to use a fast gift of Ren. and invis along with high HP reg a 5 slot pet can take on a lot.. there are a lot of styles.. I just like this one for me as a spell weaving, tamer =^-^=

Aeneas

Adventurer
Rail is very correct that 120 vet, along with stacking the enchanced bandages allows ya to pull off some crazy solo stuff... add comsume damage to the mix when they hit low lvl to buy time for a run in heal to 80% turn it off and invis ..and ya canr solo roof easy..I like to use a fast gift of Ren. and invis along with high HP reg a 5 slot pet can take on a lot.. there are a lot of styles.. I just like this one for me as a spell weaving, tamer =^-^=
RNG plays game with your mind. The difference is not that significant.

Min_Healed=(lore / 5) + (vet / 5) + 3
Max_Healed=(lore / 5) + (vet / 2) + 10

Amount Healed=random (Min_Healed, Max_Healed) + (pet’s max HP / 100)

The difference between 100 vet and 120 vet is 4 hp min and 10 hp max.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
90 Vet works fine for me. I have Jewels and the +10 Vet staff macro'ed to throw on if I need to desperately heal up, but I use that rarely.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
RNG plays game with your mind. The difference is not that significant.

Min_Healed=(lore / 5) + (vet / 5) + 3
Max_Healed=(lore / 5) + (vet / 2) + 10

Amount Healed=random (Min_Healed, Max_Healed) + (pet’s max HP / 100)

The difference between 100 vet and 120 vet is 4 hp min and 10 hp max.
The difference between 90 and 120 is 6-15 which is slightly more and doesn't seem like much on paper but I notice it. You also have to live with a non negligible chance to fail a level 5 poison cure. I don't run very optimized characters or suits, and either 120 or 90 work for my templates. It's either 90 on the low end or 120 on the high end for me. ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think a majority of my tamers run 115 all..... taming/vet/lore...

I have a couple that are 120 all and a few that run 110.... or leave Vet at GM...