• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question on slayers

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok now that I have my demon slayer it does double damage to demon types but does that also mean undead do double to me ? and does that include spells also? and all other critters would be regular damage ?
Snowdog LS shard

C

Connor_Graham

Using an opposing slayer used to have a very negative effect, but that's no longer the case.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

Using an opposing slayer used to have a very negative effect, but that's no longer the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Tried using a Repond slayer on someone holding an Undead slayer lately?

No really, have you? I'm pretty sure it's still active that if your holding one type of slayer, the opposite type of slayer does double(?) damage to you.

C

Connor_Graham

I believe he's talking about PvM though. I have no clue how that would work in PvP.

I

imported_GFY

I believe you'll do 1/2 damage vs the opposite of your slayer. Not sure if you get double damage from an opposing opposite though.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Well, how about someone take a repond weapon out and fight some liches?

See what kind of damage their Ebolts and such are doing with a Repond equipped and with something else equipped.

I don't think they ever altered slayers, so I think you will take more damage if your holding a repond.

If liches are too much, take an Undead slayer (Mischief Maker?) to that shrine where all the Ettins, Cyclops are. See how much damage they do to you while you hold an Undead slayer, compared to when you don't.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK I took my holy sword out by my house and found a ogre i let the ogre attack me with no weapon armed he did 12,12,14 to me i then armed holy sword he then did 24,24,24 to me i kept having to back off so i wouldn't kill it but seems to me it confirms that if you are holding a slayer and fight the opposite slayer you WILL take double damage from them
oh and i hit the ogre for 27,29,29 when i should have been hitting for twice that so they do double to you and you do half to them that explains why when i was in despise fighting ogre lords with holy sword it took forever to kill them and I was nearly killed in one hit with 99 hp and 70 resist suit

C

Connor_Graham

Ah, I need to find out where I read that on Stratics then and get it updated. Seems someone made a boo boo.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Seems pretty clear to me... <blockquote><hr>

# When used against their opposing group, it would result in the monster doing double damage to the person wielding the weapon. For example, carry silver, and Repond creatures did double damage to you. Carry Repond weapons and undead creatures did double damage to you. Pick your opponent with care!

[/ QUOTE ]

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
oh did you manage to read this part
The following parts of this page are strictly preserved for historical purposes. With the release of the Age of Shadows expansion, Slayer Weapons were changed from they way they used to work and spawn
hmm seems like this is saying they dont work this way anymore

C

Connor_Graham

That may be the one I was thinking of. It's been a while though, so I'm not too sure. Either way, that page is incorrect since it does say those things listed were changed. I'll shoot off a PM to the appropriate person and let him know, although he's more than swamped with working on the updates for Stratics now.