• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on scrolls

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just a "simple" question. At least I hope it is.
For a pet, any pet really, is there any difference between 120 wrestling/110 tactics and 115 wrestling/115 tactics? Is a general sense, is one a better choice over the other?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For a pet, any pet really, is there any difference between 120 wrestling/110 tactics and 115 wrestling/115 tactics? Is a general sense, is one a better choice over the other?
I just roll with 110s except disco and my pets do fine however patty cakes will give many reasons why I'm wrong

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Personally I have not seen enough return on investment to justify the cost of 120's on pets versus 110/115. With the cost of 120's (at least the last time I was playing consistently) being what they are I see it as more of a "show off" type deal. Most all mine are scrolled to 115 but have room for 120 if I ever decide to go that route. I run spawns and when I snag a 120 I throw it on a vendor and bank the gold. :D

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I generally go with 110 wrestling/110 Tactics for my average pet build. Sometimes, I'll go 115 wrestling/110 tactics. But for my latest pet, my plan was originally 115 wrestling/115 tactics. Then I got lucky with landing a 120 wrestling scroll and it got me thinking about going 120 wrestling/110 tactics. I have 300 points left, so I am trying to balance around that.
Kylie, I do find myself thinking you are spot on and just go 115/115 and toss the 120 wrestling on my vendor for some easy gold. If I used it, it would be there is enough "value" in going 120 wrestling over 115 wrestling. But in my head, I'm thinking it's such a small jump up in damage that it's not really worth it.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the difference will be in damage dealt over time. The 120 wrestling pet will hit more often, thus deal more damage over time, while the 115 wrestling pet will whiff more which deals no damage at all.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
the difference will be in damage dealt over time. The 120 wrestling pet will hit more often, thus deal more damage over time, while the 115 wrestling pet will whiff more which deals no damage at all.
True... but it's not like there is a ton of difference in 115 versus 120. Have tested it countless times on pets and the difference is honestly more minimal than you would think it should be.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I always run 120 wrestle and 120 of whatever magic I put on a pet. The rest can be 110's or 115's. The only time I run all 120's is if it's a rare, legacy, or super good intensity pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just roll with 110s except disco and my pets do fine however patty cakes will give many reasons why I'm wrong
Nope. Always put the magics to 120 except Magery 110 is fine for Magery, pets do not whiff on spells.

They do say the most important melee scroll is Wrestling.

110s work great. May take a little longer to kill stuff.

A Beetle with 105s will do better than the old Greater Dragons.

One easy to test mob is an Allosaurus. Try to find 2 that have similar resists in the damage the pet does, time how long it takes a 110 pet to kill them then the same build 120 pet. You can do this on TC by having someone give you a 120 pet that matches your 110 pet on TC.

That is a mob that takes around 10 mins to kill with a well built pet. So it is the best test mob that I have found. It does not do spells, just pure meat pounding meat. You can drag one away and do an uninurupted test.
Someone can walk in on you doing Navrey and she does webs and spells.

I always run 120 wrestle and 120 of whatever magic I put on a pet. The rest can be 110's or 115's. The only time I run all 120's is if it's a rare, legacy, or super good intensity pet.
Yes use 120s on these or save the points.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only do 120s on high end pets (blaze Cu, Pre-patch pets, etc.). All others get 110/115 except discord, that is 120.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is the revealing calculator:
Pet Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com

drum roll.., don’t bother with tactics >100. in my testing it’s simply not worth the training points.
120 wrestling helps hit rate, defense rate, and hit-on-proc (rate) specials.
120 parry not bad.
120 discord good.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks everyone. Still working through possible ways to go. As such, I haven't used the remaining points just yet.
This pet is magery based, as such I added 110 magery and 120 eval