• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on pet Training

• Thread starter DHMagicMan_1
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DHMagicMan_1

What can be trained (increased) and what is built in at "birth"?

I know all the fighting skills like wrestling and such can be increased, but how about HP and Mana, STR and Int etc... What about Resists like does Physical Resist get better as he has more and more physical fights?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5% Luck

Well the resists are permanent and finding a pet with good resists before taming in essential to a good pet. 2nd only pets with under 125 str will gain HP the same goes for dex and mana.

Some pets do have very high skills. If they have over gm pre tamed they will have .9 of that skill post tame. Thats pretamed skill X.9. Most pets that have over gm skills will take the taming"hit" straight up but the greater dragons must be trained back up to this level of skill.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Thank you for the quick response, 5%... I have several pairs of the same pet type like two nightmares and two fire steeds etc in my stables and they have similar but not identical resists... a few higher on one and lower on another but average out to be very close... within a couple points of each other.

All my pets are older though... I quit playing about 3 or more years ago and recently came back so all my pets are whatever I had stabled from back then... none of the new stuff.

Now I have to get started again.

5% Luck

Well more so than with other pets the mares and steeds you can possibly get "perfect" stats/resists since the skills wont be an issue. My mare is 315/125/125 and -6 from perfect resists. If you farm them further than I did you can even get a max STR and that would be truly awesome!