• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on moving items

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a gem cart and an ore cart. I'll stock up the ore until I have at least a couple packies worth of load, then head for my forge with the beasts and ore. Here's the issue I seem to have ...

When moving the stacks of ore using SHIFT-click-drag I am always asked the how many gump.
When moving stacks of gems using SHIFT-click-drag I do not get any gump.

I should note that I get the how many gump when moving the ingots to a chest using same method.

Joe Clueless here needs one. Any ideas why gump on one and not the other? SHIFT-click to drag stuff should work on ore as well as gems, right?

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a gem cart and an ore cart. I'll stock up the ore until I have at least a couple packies worth of load, then head for my forge with the beasts and ore. Here's the issue I seem to have ...

When moving the stacks of ore using SHIFT-click-drag I am always asked the how many gump.
When moving stacks of gems using SHIFT-click-drag I do not get any gump.

I should note that I get the how many gump when moving the ingots to a chest using same method.

Joe Clueless here needs one. Any ideas why gump on one and not the other? SHIFT-click to drag stuff should work on ore as well as gems, right?
Are you holding shift down the entire time during the moving? I just tried and as long as I hold shift down it doesn't bring the gump up asking how much.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you holding shift down the entire time during the moving? I just tried and as long as I hold shift down it doesn't bring the gump up asking how much.
Yup ... I made d*mn sure of that. Shift was held down even before the click part. Reason I asked is that this has always worked in the past but I've not been ingame a lot and figured maybe a change.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. If you hold shift before clicking, you grab all the items, even if too heavy.

Or are you trying to move locked down Items? You can not.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yup. If you hold shift before clicking, you grab all the items, even if too heavy.

Or are you trying to move locked down Items? You can not.
Gems - from cart to my backpack, stroll to the chest to dump them in it, shift-clik-drag ... no issues

Ore - get ore from cart, drop into secure pack on floor, load packie as much as possible from secure pack (when cart is empty). Go over to forge, take a pile of ore out of packie ... shift-click-drag - get gump - drop ore on floor, forge into ingots. Rinse/repeat until packie empty.

What confuses me is 2-fold: I've used the shift-clilck-drag on ore before with no problems but it just seems to be broken for me. Second, why is ore being handled differently than gems?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gems - from cart to my backpack, stroll to the chest to dump them in it, shift-clik-drag ... no issues

Ore - get ore from cart, drop into secure pack on floor, load packie as much as possible from secure pack (when cart is empty). Go over to forge, take a pile of ore out of packie ... shift-click-drag - get gump - drop ore on floor, forge into ingots. Rinse/repeat until packie empty.

What confuses me is 2-fold: I've used the shift-clilck-drag on ore before with no problems but it just seems to be broken for me. Second, why is ore being handled differently than gems?
I can't honestly answer why it's not working for you. Mine is working when holding down shift for ore, I don't get the amount gump.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i do control/shift hold both down then drag to where you want, cc. can drag the bar too.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i do control/shift hold both down then drag to where you want, cc. can drag the bar too.
Yup That works, I have those pushed while grabbing arrows from centaurs in Destard.