• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on hides

G

Does anyone know how many different colors of *cut leather* there are?

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe there's 4 sorts of spawning cut leather, one facing each way.

I'm not sure all of them can be stolen, as I always got guard whacked when I tried to steal one or two of them, but that was probably just my very bad luck.

(oops, I read 'colors' as 'kinds', sorry)

G

Well I think these were obtained thru cutting armor up that was dyed i am not sure

red72

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if its the bugged dye tub ur talking bout then theres too many to count if i am understanding this correctly cuz all the dyes on a cloth dye tub can be made then i believe

G

You can't cut up leather armor to get colored leather anymore, except spined, horned and barbed - after SE came out you could cut up dyed ninja belts and get colored leather, but I really don't think that there were very many neon leather tubs out there at that point.

So any colored leather that isn't spined, horned, or barbed is going to be somewhat rare, and any that is neon colored is going to be very rare imo. Oh, you could also cut up ranger armor at one point and I think there was a doom arty that could be cut up to give another hue. I don't know if it was ever possible to sigil hue armor and cut it up to get purple, that would be neato looking tho.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I think there was a doom arty that could be cut up to give another hue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always did have a (half pity) chuckle over the vendors who were selling AoF leather...