• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on healing..

Jaela

Journeyman
Sabretooth tiger.. got it to gain healing before i tamed it, its 2.3 skill level.. its taken plenty of dmg but not raised any, whats the key to getting it to start gaining? its Scrollable after a training session..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sabretooth tiger.. got it to gain healing before i tamed it, its 2.3 skill level.. its taken plenty of dmg but not raised any, whats the key to getting it to start gaining? its Scrollable after a training session..
What I did with mine, after it gained like 2-3 healing, I kept keeping it poisoned with scorpios in the desert all the time for many minutes, kept at it, fairly constantly. I gradually went up to 20's later on now its in the 50's now, I kind of got tired of grinding it a little, but will get after it in a bit. There are other things to train it on also, a very nice essay here I believe. Would not blow a healing PS on it until I know for a fact where I am going with the pet, and would not do it anyway before I hit GM in healing. I suspect Tigers, Lions etc are just eye candy at the moment..Bottom like patience rewards when you train taming..If you try all the tactics and still cannot gain healing on him, what I would do is just try a different one. I am almost sure that ALL ofthe sabers are able to learn healing, it just takes a little time..
I hope this helps ..

Jaela

Journeyman
What I did with mine, after it gained like 2-3 healing, I kept keeping it poisoned with scorpios in the desert all the time for many minutes, kept at it, fairly constantly. I gradually went up to 20's later on now its in the 50's now, I kind of got tired of grinding it a little, but will get after it in a bit. There are other things to train it on also, a very nice essay here I believe. Would not blow a healing PS on it until I know for a fact where I am going with the pet, and would not do it anyway before I hit GM in healing. I suspect Tigers, Lions etc are just eye candy at the moment..Bottom like patience rewards when you train taming..If you try all the tactics and still cannot gain healing on him, what I would do is just try a different one. I am almost sure that ALL ofthe sabers are able to learn healing, it just takes a little time..
I hope this helps ..
Thanks for the response, i appreciate it =)
I realized that it had healing "skill" but didnt have it on lore and knowledge page.. so it REALISTICALLY did not have it.. so I had to go find a new one! np though!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also you may want to consider trying to damage the Saber, bring its hps down a lot but not kill it, then wait for it to heal, youll hear the bandies go on it..let it heal pre tame to 2-3 healing or more, then tame it. If it kept the healing then fine, just try developing a little anatomy on it by killing stuff, then look at the healing, possibly 3 by then, then oops we lost the healing.. Release it then, back to the damaging it slowly, or poisoning it, careful not to kill it, then when you see the healing again, retame it easy this time, and keep the poison-damage routine, and you should see healing go up, continue rinse and repeat. You should be able to get any sabertooth or other healing Eodon pet healing this way..
By the way, I still have not decided what to make of my saber..What will you use him/her for? (Unfortunately they do not have too many options..) Check it out on TC1 before you put a lot of time in him/her.
Good luck to you again and I hope this helps..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes pets with the minimal points in healing, but nothing in Lore, will get healing back if released and retamed.

Though, that might have been one that had originally displayed taming in lore, but lost it either on taming or stabling. I had a lion like that, that is now closing in on 90 healing after I got healing to come back and stay after a release/retame.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread has been cleaned up a bit and some posts have been removed. In the future, please leave in-game drama with other posters in the game itself, instead of bringing it onto the forums. Thanks.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Amen, thanks Captn =)
and yeah Basara I was able to figure it out.. from what I tested it "has" to be on the lore page for it to raise.
Also if you bring anat and focus med a little up will learn healing faster..