• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Question on craftable magic items

R

Ravahan

I know that the non-artifact ML items will stack with runics, but the question I've not been able to find an answer to on Stratics or UOGuide is this; Do they take up property slots?

For example, if I were using a bronze runic (max 3 properties) and crafted a "True Leafblade", would I only have one property remaining or would the 4% HCI/DCI be tacked on like an exceptional bonus or material bonus? Finally, if I were to roll HCI or DCI on said weapon, would the bonus stack or be overwritten by the runic?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. The built-in properties stack and don't count against the available properties.

R

Ravahan

rlt

Awesome, and thanks for the quick replies! I gotta admit, I was nervous as a lot of the specialty forums in stratics seem really dead.

This news cheers me greatly =D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep. The built-in properties stack and don't count against the available properties.
Clarification: They stack - but only if the property rolls for them TO stack, does it count as a runic property.

So, a 3 property runic recipe radiant scimitar that gives 6% DCI could be

DCI 6%
(3 other properties)

or DCI (in the 12-21% range, IIRC)
(two other properties)

R

Ravahan

Most excellent. So I could get, again going with that leafblade since hci caps are easy to work with, 19% HCI, but it would count as a property of course.

The bonuses work like material bonuses, in other words. About like using gold and crafting something with luck or lower requirements. The 40 luck from gold doesn't count as a runic property, and is not overwriten by runic properties.