• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on changes

S

Spiggs

Hi all ... I've been out of UO for a long time ... since late 2001/early 2002 ... but considering a return.

Just wondering about all the changes since then ... seems like quite a lot, and makes me feel like I might be culture-shocked too much.

Any thoughts on how to handle such a transition? I imagine I will have to buy the latest update as the only client I have is my old T2A package.

Cheers all,

Spiggsy.

G

You can download the most recent 2D client here

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/setup-1.46.0.3.exe

Though the amount of new stuff you see will depend on what your account is updated to.

Yes there are a lot of changes, some of them might take some getting used to. But UO is still the only game that allows you the freedom to switch your template at a whim, do whatever suits your mood, be who you want to be.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hi all ... I've been out of UO for a long time ... since late 2001/early 2002 ... but considering a return.

Just wondering about all the changes since then ... seems like quite a lot, and makes me feel like I might be culture-shocked too much.

Any thoughts on how to handle such a transition? I imagine I will have to buy the latest update as the only client I have is my old T2A package.

Cheers all,

Spiggsy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a similar thing. I left around the end of 2001/beginning 2002 (or so) and returned in October 2007. It definitely took me a month or so to fully adjust to new things, like artifacts, chivalry and Cu Sidhe's. But you'll get used to it! Just don't get discouraged by all the new things.
The best thing is to join a guild and let them show you around. Also when you are unsure of something look it up on Stratics or www.uoguide.com.

Welcome back!