• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Question on Bushido

J

[JD]

Bushido for Sampires.. just throwing this out there. Perhaps I’m simplifying things or my understanding is limited, so please let me know your thoughts.

Are the honor crits from it really worth spending 120 skill points in bushido? I know more damage dealt = more damage leeched, but...

I don’t have parry so I won’t be able to use bush evade. Lightning strike isn’t used if you’re feinting or whirlwinding.

That leaves confidence and honor crits as the main reasons to have Bushido right?

Please help me justify spending these points, Not just ‘nice to have’, but some way where it would either completely gimp me or make me unable to do high level stuff if I got rid of it.

I honor everything I fight, but thus far, I have done nothing which required me to use Bushido. However, I haven’t gotten into farming any of the peerless or even tried a champion solo yet. If it's required for those, I'll put the thought out of my head. =)

Last Question: Is Bushido required for PVP? Same logic train applies, however you don't get Honor Crits in PVP so it seems more PVM required.

Thanks

C

Connor_Graham

Yes, 120 Bushido is more than worth it. 1 out of 5 hits results in a critical strike. You also have Momentum Strike at your disposal on top of LS and Confidence. Then there's also the 100% DI increase from Perfection along with the 1000 Luck that goes with it.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php#damage

- Damage increase from tactics and anatomy listed here.

Perfection's far superior giving 100% DI plus luck and restoring life, mana, stam upon the death of said foe - great for speed farming without having to wait and regen. Raise fame to lord on succubi/demons in record time...without needing to use honourable execution.

Add to this confidence - with all it's individual pros and cons, momentum strike, LS and whirlwind and you know you have value for money.

Plus u get called Kengo :p

Add parry and joy-ahoy!

But i'd be biased i used to have 4 tatsujin-kengos (including, yes a gimp evasion mage to annoy the PVP elitists)

Still lets be honest, parts of bushi are crap and it doesnt compare to say, magery or chiv for flexibility.

PVP?

Used to be mega overpowered- 1 hit kills and evade all.
Now it's good for bokuto nerve strike and a the odd evasion of explo- flamestrike but... agi you'll need soemthing else.

A pure Bushi warrior won't cut it unless you are an archer with pots for eg.

Bushi still gives you more option for attack:
+25 DI from self honour
5 mana AI @ 50% HCI (1/5th of the time)
Counter attack vs melee (have to be very lucky for this to assist in a kill)
Nerve strike and other SE specials (yari etc)
Lesser hiryu (use a petball)

Defense:
Evasion
High Parry chance
Confidence (great for archers/mortal)

Sammies in PVP though? 1 disarm renders you useless.

This is all based on old knowledge though which may not all apply anymore...?

can somebody confirm?