• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question of the day: 25 May 2008

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Sunday morning everyone. I hope everyone is having as great a weekend as I am. Here is your Sunday question.

How many of you know what is going on with the present storyline in game? How closely have you followed the events in the last two years? Do you get involved with these events to help move the story along, or do you mostly do the events for the new items that they offer without really knowing what is going on? If so what was the best item you ever got from one of these events?

I know if you have not payed close attention to the storyline, you could be very lost right now. I was thinking of writing up a synopsis of everything to help those of who want to know more about what is going on in game, how many want me to do that?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Sunday morning everyone. I hope everyone is having as great a weekend as I am. Here is your Sunday question.

How many of you know what is going on with the present storyline in game? How closely have you followed the events in the last two years? Do you get involved with these events to help move the story along, or do you mostly do the events for the new items that they offer without really knowing what is going on? If so what was the best item you ever got from one of these events?

I know if you have not payed close attention to the storyline, you could be very lost right now. I was thinking of writing up a synopsis of everything to help those of who want to know more about what is going on in game, how many want me to do that?

I have been somewhat active in the story line the last couple years ( although I was on a UO break during the Ophidian invasion) But I have not followed this last chapter at all....so I have no idea what is going on....haven't been in game enough to worry!

TW

A

Aang

I have been somewhat active in the story line the last couple years ( although I was on a UO break during the Ophidian invasion) But I have not followed this last chapter at all....so I have no idea what is going on....haven't been in game enough to worry!

TW
What he said...except I was here for the Ophid invasion.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been mostly active during the whole story arc. I have to admit, however, I'm having some issues tying all the various pieces together and figuring out how they fit. I haven't been quite as active during this latest bout with the Vanguard's or the Moonglow invasion and a lot of it still leaves me scratching my head. I'll be glad when the pieces all come together.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried to keep up as best I can despite not being able to participate much. I must say that the lack of town crier articles or in game town criers spouting news leave me wondering why the devs don't do just a tiny bit more to help make these events more imersive and apealing.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know way too much about the present storyline I think.
Maybe even more than Draconi does :p

I've tried to attend or at the very least get as many details from others as possible for every event that has gone on. I try to progress the story in ways not intended moreso than anything else, but I've tried to get at least one of every item (haven't gotten all of the really rare stuff, but I've gotten most everything).

P

ParadoxUO

Question for our Catskills Historians...

Where did Ricardos shoes ended up? :thumbup1:

Mish o sha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the storyline seems like it comes and goes,But the people that are more involved in the storyline seem to be on top of all the events.Theres a lot of knowledge about certain events,which is good.But it would be better if the information was put out to all, since we all play different times in the land of UO.
The items they are coming out with seem pretty nice,as far as the best thing i got in uo.Its the time i get to play online with my friends and laugh and joke,after all its just a game.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vallend I love that question. I believe it was you who once posted what used to be my favorite post on uo.stratics.com sadly for me I failed to take a screenshot of it, as I did not realize that it would eventually get deleted *cries* The post was a "lifeline" going all the way back to the original Ultima and up the line, Ultima Genesis, Exodus ect... With screenshots of the original boxes that the games came in. I loved that post. That was you that posted it, wasn't it? Any chance that you somehow have that still in your pc? I'd print it out this time, take it to Kinkos and have it made into a small book ^.^

A "prized possession" of mine is a game review in an old video game magazine of a SNES Ultima game. I think I'll frame it, or maybe scan it and post it on the forums.

-Hagrid

B

BartofCats

I have been following all of the events in the past 2 years. I could probably tell you what happened and when and why... as for whats about to happen, I have enough theories to make most conspiracy theorists shake their heads. but thats me.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I follow the storyline. I always try to follow the events and get involved.
Right now, I am hardly involved in the events, as I stand no chance against the Shadow Creatures and Vanguards with my fencing/poisoning template. The event was made for certain fighting templates, and I don't have such.

I kindof dislike the item collecting and turn-in thing. People shouldn't join events merely for items, but in order to safe their realm. I despise item hoarding and everything that cultivates it.

The best item I got from the events, was the Nocturnal Earrings. (Maybe the Cloak of Corrpution is better, we don't know yet. But I didn't achieve that by using any fighting skill, but by using a piece of blackrock instead. So it doesn't really count.)

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have followed the storyline as closely as I have had time for. I've even incorporated facets of it into the rp and history of the characters I play in game. The items dropped have been used in stories myself and those I role play with tell, there has even been a museum built that displays some of them in a player run town.