• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question of the day: 16 June 2008

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Monday morning everyone. Today my question is not a game question but a question about stratics itself. (who knows maybe those above me might appreciate some feedback?) So here is your question for today.

What do you think of our new vboard layout? What do you miss the most from the old Stratics boards, and what can be added to make these boards more useful for you?

I have no powers to make any changes myself being only a simple reporter, but I was just wondering about these questions. I know I miss having a direct link to see what the Dev team have posted recently. It helped me keep up to date on what was going on in game. I also miss being able to see who was online and what they were looking at. I am guilty of using that to see what subjects caught certain peoples attention.

I miss too the professions boards because I used them to research classes of characters and how best to train and setup a character to be most affective. Those above me say in time those boards will return, but till they do I will miss them.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've grown used to the new vboard layout, and now I quite like it.

Things that need improvement:
-A direct link to dev team posts from stratics - It's good to go directly to the source rather than having to wade through the rumor mill to finially find an official post
-Skill related forums with appropriate skill FAQs - Like you, I used the skill FAQs frequently. Even though some consider me an expert on some subjects (most notably, I get frequent PMs related to spellweaving and the various necro-warrior templates), I do like to verify my answers before posting.
-Direct link from uo.stratics.com to the sub forums. It would save me one click every time I look at the boards, but every click is sooooo important!

I'll admit to not caring who reads the various threads I read. More important is who replies to either verify or contradict whatever was posted before.

The things I really, really miss:
-the Peerless/Doom guides. The old Doom guide in the old adventurer program was much better written than most of the other guides I've seen out there. I would always have it up when in Doom, mostly because I can never remember which slayer goes with which mob.
-The samurai forum. The FAQ there was frequently updated and the people there were maybe the most helpful and patient of all the forums I frequented. I can't recall how many times we posted information about the same template without complaint or "Use the flamin' search function!"
-The bard FAQs, especially the Poo disco guide. Barding hasn't changed much in years, so it was nice to have a good training guild that I could look at, even if some of them were years old, they were still up to date.

And mostly... the taming stickies. I really like knowing that the hiryu or cu that I'm taming is a rare color or if it's just semi-rare. I liked having a link to the taming power calculator. I didn't use it enough to bookmark it, and now I regret that decision.

B

BartofCats

I like the new boards much better than the old ones. Now we look like the other message boards out there and not so 10 years ago.

I also like the search feature here better.

The one thing im missing, is the replied to <insert person here> feature.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I miss the forums we had. Class forums etc
I miss being able to find dev posts at one click.

There's a few other minor things but those are the major ones.

S

Shotgun

i think the whole reason the old style "crashed" was so they could go to this new style without having to ask people if they wanted it.

A

Aang

i think the whole reason the old style "crashed" was so they could go to this new style without having to ask people if they wanted it.
I thought the same thing when the old ones crashed. I don't like these new ones at all. I can used to the layout, etc. but I miss the old setup of the trade forums and the professional forums. On the plus side, I now save a lot of time since there's next to nothing to read here now.

S

Shotgun

yeah its been how long now since they "crashed" and yet still no word on when they will be back up...not even a hint of an update but it didnt take them long to have these new boards up and running, kinda like they already had it planned out.

B

bill

I **VERY** much dislike the new boards and am hoping they return to the old ones asap.