• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question from Siege player to Chesapeake

M

Mr. Sly

Hello Chesapeake my name is Mr. Sly from the shard Siege Perilous im posting to ask if any of you have played SP,and what your likes a dislikes were about it. If you have not made a char on SP before my question is why,or what has kept you away Any responses are welcome thank you :)

S

Sephy

Hello Chesapeake my name is Mr. Sly from the shard Siege Perilous im posting to ask if any of you have played SP,and what your likes a dislikes were about it. If you have not made a char on SP before my question is why,or what has kept you away Any responses are welcome thank you :)
dismount tamer with greater dragon or dread mare is the only real choice for pvp on siege tbh not a point in playing

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
dismount tamer with greater dragon or dread mare is the only real choice for pvp on siege tbh not a point in playing

That is Not True the majority of Siege PvP is Mage and Dexxers. Yea there's a few Tamers that run crazy but since Siege is open to PvP pretty much everywhere it's easy to avoid them.

Sly I play on Siege part time with WaVy GrAvY :p so ya I've played there I enjoy it just right now my time is being a bit limited so I've not logged on there in a while.

R

ragnartheawful

Between trying to reacquaint myself and choose a home shard (probably Chesapeake, don't worry!), I haven't been anxious to start another new character on a server that will take even longer to develop said new character. Also, I'm assuming that the community is even smaller considering how many people are already turned off to the more serious shard.

That is not to say that I don't wish I had the time and effort to create and survive on Siege. Maybe one day.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget there are crafter template chrs. only also on Siege. :)

Nearly all of mine are crafter templates there.

I think what is needed sorely on Siege is *beyond pvp* we need to reclaim our player run towns and sense of community and add some player run events again *without* the guild tags all hissy fitting with each other. Community was so much stronger before and many folks like to have more variety of things to do and attend besides Dev. team things. Actually most shards need a revitalisation of player run towns which are active and include everyone be they pvp pk crafters roleplayers or what guild tag what faction etc. Divided we do not grow .....on any shard. :(

I do have chrs. on BOTH shards Siege and here...but everywhere my chrs. seem to travel seems oft quite empty. Downtown Zento homes here ...empty island *sigh* Downtown nearly downtown Brit on Siege......nearly empty in Brit.

That too is a problem of ALL UO...everyone clumping in Luna or Umbra if that..too much land all over unused dying player run towns, inactive player run events. :(

*sigh*

But I still like SIEGE........and Ches. too. Just wish there were more co operative active activities going on for all types of players and their templates to attend.

G

Gowron

If I were able to have more than one char on Siege, I would gladly do so. Then again, I'd rather not have to spend so much time developing another char that's worth a crap.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well for myself that making a viable chr. from scratch with ROT on Siege a fel only ruleset WAS the challenge to try Siege for myself.

I played UO since 98 before there ever was any Trammel or anything besides the orig Fel ruleset only UO. So every chr. I made was perfectly capable to defend themselves ie always warrior or warrior mage templates to fight when they had to try to stay alive. But never did I have the guts to ever make some pure crafter chr. template with the then UO felucca only ruleset. After trammel came twas easy to make crafter only sorts of templates but I never ever changed my older chrs. so they still could go to or live in fel side on Chesapeake and fight back.

So for myself having a been there done it all sort of .........nothing left to try to DO in UO ..went to Siege FOR that challenge not only to make some newbies from scratch there but WITH ROT.........slow gains and then only made crafter templates there. :) Found it to be fun some days ya DIE to pks some days they spare ya cuz they need ya to make em stuffs galore and it just became fun to have a viable duo of chrs there whom can make anything for everyone and I did it with ROT and dying like UO used to be. So for me to start newbies under the complex bs of ROT was the challenge for myself. :)

Now I can more aptly say since 98..........in UO BEEN THERE DONE IT...all even SIEGE ! LOL

B

Brucie Kibbutz

Well I dont like the item based game, and whether I play it here or on Siege, I'm playing an item based game. I spend all my time in Fel here, so, I'm basically playing Siege.

There's just nothing different to it, no insurance, slower gains. No insurance doesn't = a non-item based game. Different setting, same rules, why change.

W

wrekognize

I created a mage and a tamer with my two accounts around 2001. Both characters are developed. I have not played on either character since 2004. The main reason is because I’m not willing to give up the two homes I have on Chessy, and I have a group of people I play with now where I would be alone on siege.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh it was easier for myself. I had 4 accts. active for years so I took the younger 2 old accts. sold their homes here..for 2 homes on Siege. Meanwhile I maintain my oldest UO accts. here on Chesapeake still. :) Sometimes I will have 3 homes here *or there* depending on events etc.

But then comically that almost makes my chrs. and me split personalities..here there both :)...but I kinda like the diversity of both shards.

Since your chrs. are developed on Siege ya would be too developed for NEW guild I guess. That assists folks to get to know folks on Siege when they first get there.

But there are some ok to good guilds on Siege so if ya ever hooked up with those any one of them and have the ability to be in VENT ya would not be so lonesome there. Me *slow dial up* so I am oft a loner on BOTH shards cuz VENT wont work for me here nor there. :) Not if I want to MOVE at all. :) lol

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
To be honest I wasnt thrilled with the community but that was back years ago. The one character rule keeps me away. Plus Chesapeake has the RP community I want.

The vampires there do the *Bites neck* emote and such and well thats not my cup of tea for Vampire RP.

I do like the classic play but Chesapeake has more to offer then Siege.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that *one chr. per acct. rule* keeps many off of Siege *and ROT* and starting over again.

The vampire guild that was there 4 yrs. ago when I first landed there..is all but gone now or merged into other pk pvp guilds or newly created ones. There once was a large VMP guild there professing to all be vampires...killing innocents but yeh roleplaying was never ........quite their calling per say. :) hehe Still it was a lot of folks many of them gone now or ..something else guild. *kinda almost miss em* lol almost ! LOL *same names some of em different guild tags* still reds that kill insolent blues there. :)

Chessie roleplaying goes WAY WAY back more consistant also what often keeps me here........bout have a rl heart failure when someone tells us all that one of the lg twrs of Paxlair felucca, crumbled to oblivion as I RACED and RUSHED to Paxlair the moment that post was posted to mourn the loss.......as an APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE..........I still say he MUST DIE for nearly making me weep over that joke........that be one ancient part of this shard's history I personally would never wish to see vanish.......oldest player run town nearly in all of UO sits HERE !

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have chars on both Siege and Ches, both since each shard opened.

I play mostly Ches nowadays. I like being involved more with playerrun towns, of which Paxlair on Ches is amongst the oldest in all UO.

I've never been about constant PvP.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye that is one series of were there now gone on Siege. I miss the very active Shire, Iantown, Wintermoor fight nights, and well ACTIVE vibrant player run towns *siege had em but now............. :( just sort of shadowy remenants of what was for Siege player run towns/population that dwelled in them and held events there. I do miss those towns.

But as ye said, some towns/people caring to try to keep em alive and standing or growing all over beyond the roots, going on for ages like Paxlair. :)