• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] question for you all

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

Lord Drakelord

I am so glad I do not have a large group of plants, I had to unlock and put each plant in my pack to water and potion it. A royal pain for those that have alot of these new plants.

Now a question if I keep them on a Bug, will they have a grow period tomorrow?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, keeping them in your giant beetle's back pack counts as if they were in your back pack.

L

Lord Drakelord

yes, keeping them in your giant beetle's back pack counts as if they were in your back pack.
Thank you Ms for your quick reply, then I will leave them in the bug's pack, just hope I remember which charactor has them tomorrow ;)

Y

Yalp

don't forget to be ON your beetle when you log out.. as the beetle will stand there all night.. blinking into the space where you were! hee.

F

feath

don't forget to be ON your beetle when you log out.. as the beetle will stand there all night.. blinking into the space where you were! hee.
His little (invisible) tail waving franticly, waiting for your return... to slow as the bug goes from bonded ... to tame... to wild, where the tail stops waving totally. and he kills you the second you log in, because you forgot to feed him.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, this sucks! I have 40 plants that had to be put in my backpack. Also had to go to KR in order to see them. Have to move the water around in order to use it...

I tried to unlock and lock them but that didnt work.

I thought we lose a day when we change them from locked to backpack.

F

Finch

No, you will not lose a day to change from locked down to on your character.
Can they be in bags on my char and still grow? If that is true, then it isn't too bad to have them in your pack, I sorted by types and put them into bags and took care of them today, but today is when I had to unlock them, so i don't know if they will grow in bags in my char's backpack

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is odd........ I had all my plants in my bag last night..... I took care of all of them..... this is the second night they spent in my back pack......the first night went just fine..... Last night however..... NOTHING happened...... they are still exactly like they were last night......

Am I doing something wrong?????? Why did I miss a whole day/Night of growth??? The plants were at 8 days yesterday and they are still at 8 days today..... No change at all ....... someone explain that for me?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has it been a full 24 hours? They grow at server up if locked down, but in your pack they grow every 24 hours. If it's a little earlier than you tended them yesterday they've not grown yet. Try logging out and in again?

K

Kyrie_Elaison

has it been a full 24 hours? They grow at server up if locked down, but in your pack they grow every 24 hours. If it's a little earlier than you tended them yesterday they've not grown yet. Try logging out and in again?
Doesn't the time change as well Petra? If I plant something at 5 p.m. today and then log in tomorrow at 6 p.m., doesn't that make it so the earliest I can tend them is 6 p.m. the following day? Hope that makes sense. I used to do them in my pack but it seemed to cost me time when I did it that way.

:confused:

F

feath

yes, its 24 (or 24.5? inches up a bit each time?) hours from when you tended them last. I usually log in about the same time every day to tend my plants in my backpack, without a problem. you can also not log in a day or however long, and the plants only mature that one day. they wont die on you, no matter how late you are.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another reason to hate growing them in my pack. Ill have to tend them later and later each day! I shoulda skipped today and did it tomorrow morning. Too late now, I guess, I already logged in and tried to tend them.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually it's 23 hours - any time after 23 hours you can log in and they'll have grown (although I noticed that that timing seems finicky - first night i had to wait a full 24 hours - but every night after that i've been able to get them to grow at 23 hours)

T

Teeshy

actually it's 23 hours - any time after 23 hours you can log in and they'll have grown (although I noticed that that timing seems finicky - first night i had to wait a full 24 hours - but every night after that i've been able to get them to grow at 23 hours)
I'm glad you posted that =P I remembered reading somewhere recently (maybe in the FAQ?) that it was 23 hours - my plants yesterday I'm almost certain were between 23 - 24 hours - in about 10 minutes I'll know if today's are 23 hours too (PRETTY sure I checked at 9am yesterday =P)

*edits* Yup! 8am and they are ready to go again =)

B

Beastmaster

Maybe it's just me, but mine seem to always be 24 or even slightly over 24.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this will help, but I have my plants locked down in a basket on a table. I open the plant window and click the pitcher of water then target a pitcher of water in my pack to water them. I don't have to unlock and relock the plants down each time or move them to my pack at all. I took care of my plants just an hour ago and this was working then.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure if this will help, but I have my plants locked down in a basket on a table. I open the plant window and click the pitcher of water then target a pitcher of water in my pack to water them. I don't have to unlock and relock the plants down each time or move them to my pack at all. I took care of my plants just an hour ago and this was working then.
Yes but they won't grow inside a secure container, only in your bank, your backpack, beetles backpack or locked down outside containers in house

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure how mine went through a growth cycle locked down in the basket then?

T

Teeshy

Just as a follow on from yesterday's post - it's 7am now, and just checked my plants in my pack, and they've all had a growth cycle =) So 23 hours seems to be right for me at least! =)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Phaen, which type of basket are you using? (the stealable type or the eat and take fruit basket type)
Thanks
I would love to know too, maybe there can get light in a basket to allow them to grow, that would be cool.

A

Azure Mist

I would love to know too, maybe there can get light in a basket to allow them to grow, that would be cool.

Yesterday, after reading this thread, I placed a plant into a secured eat & take type basket. This morning it had not growth checked. The original post does say 'locked down', so I will try that next.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Probably a really stupid question but since we are on the subject of where plants can grow.......does the blue beetle HAVE to be bonded and not just tame? Since I travel so much, I'm using my character's backpack to grow the plants in case I can't log in one or two days. Last nite, I had a friend transfer a blue beetle over to the character but I'm not able to access the plant gumps when the plants are in the beetle. If they are in my backpack, it works fine. Just wondering if it's because the beetle isn't bonded yet.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can't ansvar that, plants in a beetle or in my backpack on Siege would not be very smart :lick:

B

Beastmaster

You have to remove them from the beetle's pack to yours to tend them.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday, after reading this thread, I placed a plant into a secured eat & take type basket. This morning it had not growth checked. The original post does say 'locked down', so I will try that next.
Oriana just told me she did the plants locked down in the same type of container ... eat and take fruit basket ... No growth from those, either.