• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question for Jeremy about Curse ....

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a few tidbits of knowledge from the dev team would be nice.
1st Was the curse change to PvM planned or did the fix make an unintended change. (either way it would be nice to hear your answer)
If the change was intended why no heads up? I died a few times to creatures I was able to kill the day before the patch before I figured out was was going on... so I think it was very mean :mad:
2nd What determines the length of a curse and for god's sake why am I still cursed as a newly ressed toon gosh darnit :confused:
Not looking for this to be a trammel vs felucca thread just looking for a comment from a dev. Either way intended or not I'll adapt to it just an explanation please.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*scratches head* Why is it that I have no problem with curse when it is cast upon me? (and yes this is in PVM in Tram) Also, I know that I have always remained curse after being resed if it is still within the time limit. I have a high resist suit and I actually have the skill magic resist. I haven't noticed a big change in curseing from monsters. It comes, goes away. Even when I am cursed I still manage to fair quite well in combat. Then again, I don't complain when I die in combat, after all, its part of the game. If everything was so easy to kill, it wouldn't be so fun anymore.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the answer to your question...

Monster's Curse spell seems to have become more powerful - what happened?"

This was one of those wonky side-effects of working with ten-year-old code - what seemed to be a simple change to make the "Curse" buff icon show up seems to have altered the actual effect of the Curse spell when cast by NPCs. (It now reduces your resists as well as your stats.) We're investigating, and hope to have the situation resolved in one of the next few publishes.

J

jelinidas

and there we have it!
I have no problem if it stays. Ya just learn to play smarter. But now we know.