• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] question armor leather armor

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any difference between types of armor?
like ninja armor, samurai armor, reg leather armor?

why would i want to make a mempo, with only a 70s% chance to make exceptional instead of a leather gorget with 100% chance?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only reason I can think of is that it might look cooler with certain outfits.

I personally prefer the look ofthe leather ninja jacket over the leather tunic.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do have some roleplayers that their char requires them to be fully dressed in ninja or samurai gear at all times (used to be fun running to Zento bank and watching them all doing their drills in the square). Other than that, I hadn't noticed any added bonus on the tailoring side.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, Mempos (especially dyed shadow with the leather dye tub) look REALLY good in combination with bone armor, if you have a character going for a full bone suit (my necro currently has a nice Bone suit that is 2/3 medable - just need to find mage armor for those last two, with similar stats)