• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about vollems...

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if anyone with 500k cleanup pts can get a vollem in crystal.

Stupid q, but does that mean a tinkerer can make a vollem and hand it over to someone or am I clearly missing / understanding something about how vollems "work" ?

As in only the crystalline held vollems are the only ones anyone can use / have ?

Ty.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The crystal-held vollems are "live" 1 slot pets that anyone can use, while the tinkered ones are 2 slot machine copies (which require tinkering to heal).

IMHO the machine pets are crap.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The crystal-held vollems are "live" 1 slot pets that anyone can use, while the tinkered ones are 2 slot machine copies (which require tinkering to heal).

IMHO the machine pets are crap.
the 'Live' ones are 2 slot.
they are pretty much identical to the old Nightmares.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So if anyone with 500k cleanup pts can get a vollem in crystal.

Stupid q, but does that mean a tinkerer can make a vollem and hand it over to someone or am I clearly missing / understanding something about how vollems "work" ?

As in only the crystalline held vollems are the only ones anyone can use / have ?

Ty.
its confusing but they made 2 different types of Vollem's.
the tink ones that wont bond and you need tinkering to heal and the ones you get in the crystals that will bond and anyone can use and you can heal with spells or vet.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its confusing but they made 2 different types of Vollem's.
the tink ones that wont bond and you need tinkering to heal and the ones you get in the crystals that will bond and anyone can use and you can heal with spells or vet.
So only about 150k more pts to go lmao

Thx

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i like them.
i have 2 each of my mules and 2 on each of my bards.
when im out mining they sit behind me and make sure im uninterrupted by critters.
and the bard, run a mastery and watch them rip stuff up.
there was a thread a while back talking about how you can level up the vollems a bit and it wont change their control level, if your into that.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best I can tell. That's leveling as normal by fighting stuff but not getting into that special training menu or whatever it is. Think that's true for any pet really, if I recall.

Like a PP WW I have that I have yet to get on TC to play with.

But ya. Looking to get one I can use while fishing etc.

So far so good but 500k is easier said than done lmao

But got like 150k to go for just one VIC.

Howd you get so many lol... atl buy ?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe any new vollem spawned from the crystal is now 3 slots thanks to the taming update. Old ones are two slots.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vollems changed to 3 slots a while ago. Even if your crystal is old, it will be 3 slot when opened.

You need taming and lore to advance them to 5 slots.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Best I can tell. That's leveling as normal by fighting stuff but not getting into that special training menu or whatever it is. Think that's true for any pet really, if I recall.

Like a PP WW I have that I have yet to get on TC to play with.

But ya. Looking to get one I can use while fishing etc.

So far so good but 500k is easier said than done lmao

But got like 150k to go for just one VIC.

Howd you get so many lol... atl buy ?
no they originally came out with some expansion, i cant recall which one off the top of my head..... the Garg expansion i think?
we got a statue of underworld boss and a vollem in a crystal.
but no one really knew what the where or like them so i went around and purchased them for dirt cheap.

if memory serves they where selling for like 5 mill which if you purchased gold at $0.11 - $0.18 was like $0.60 each give or take.
cheap cheap for a pair of pets that are pretty good.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vollems changed to 3 slots a while ago. Even if your crystal is old, it will be 3 slot when opened.

You need taming and lore to advance them to 5 slots.
Well for the chars I'd use it (them, when I get more) on, theyd have no taming / lore. So it'd be old school type training by fighting etc. without getting into that menu stuff which I gues is adv training where lore and taming would come in to play.

But ya. One vollem is all I would need even if they were two slot, allowing me to use 2.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no they originally came out with some expansion, i cant recall which one off the top of my head..... the Garg expansion i think?
we got a statue of underworld boss and a vollem in a crystal.
but no one really knew what the where or like them so i went around and purchased them for dirt cheap.

if memory serves they where selling for like 5 mill which if you purchased gold at $0.11 - $0.18 was like $0.60 each give or take.
cheap cheap for a pair of pets that are pretty good.
So they cant be had from this forgotten exp any more bec it would have to be one i dont have. Or I'd have one lol

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They have pack instinct and work well in pairs, no tame lore needed. As Poo said, they're awesome with 4xbards running songs.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are all three slot now, so can't use em in pairs even on a mule unless you had some in the stable prior to the animal taming update.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
them being 3 slot critters now just furthers my theory that they are just Nightmares in a different shell.
i say this because Nightmares as well got bumped from a 2 slot to a 3 slot with the taming update.
granted Nightmares are not pack instinct animals.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But nightmares still spawn as 2 slot( rare).

And a human can do minimal training(advanced) and still have below 20 taming and lore required to control them.

You have to be careful with it, as they start with a negative, and each training boosts the requirment

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But nightmares still spawn as 2 slot( rare).
Not rare at all. Getting a new color in 2 slot takes a while. Getting a Void in 2 slots is rare.

Nightmares as well got bumped from a 2 slot to a 3 slot with the taming update.
granted Nightmares are not pack instinct animals.
Vollems were changed years after the taming revamp.(3rd year after revamp is soon)Prob some PvPers emailed the devs because someone killed them using 2 Vollems.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they were Pack, they removed it when they changed them to 3 slot.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep they used to be, now they don't. Even my untrained ones reverted, sux but oh well.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yep they used to be, now they don't. Even my untrained ones reverted, sux but oh well.
at least they didn't change their control slots like the news ones.
that would have been devastating!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had the level 2's since they came out and I do not ever remember them having pack instinct. The character that has them has never had animal lore. I just dont ever recall the pets doing anymore damage than what they do now.