• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about trial accounts

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all U-Hallers! ;)
(And apologies if this belongs somewhere else.)
We have a question that we cannot find the answer to (yet), regarding trial accounts. We only find information about the restrictions for them. We are wondering, what happens to a trial account after the 14 days are up and no subscription is started (yet)?
We are once again at the lockdown cap of nearly all 6 homes, so we consider using a 7th account for storage of items we cannot retrieve, yet won't be using anytime soon (if ever). The access to that could be very limited but we need to know if trial accounts can disappear if not turned into a paid account for at least 1 month before the 14 days are up? (Or any time after?) Hoping anyone knows more about this.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok to answer your first question....

When you create an account in the trial mode it is a real account the minute you add it to your main account management and PAY for its monthly service.
This means you don't have to restart all over or jump any hoops to keep what you have done on the trial side of the 14 days.
Nothing happens to that account's info even if you don't up to pay for it.. till you do.. which means do not loose your info like account name and its password.
Now there is the added part of your question that I for one had to reread a second time to get the full gist of your inquiry.

I am not sure if anything stored on a trial account is safe..
Meaning if you do not turn it on at least with 1 month paid that a year later it will exist with anything in the bank or characters.
This is coming from someone who has had many accounts mind you.. and I have also heard some say the trial for some reason they made the year before was not there.
Its all hearsay and cant be checked out. In my opinion if you want to keep the stuff.. pay for the account(s) and learn to cut back or down.

Might I recommend the jewelry box for a good deal of work but be advised I talked to a GM and once your box goes over the 125 item limit it cant be put in a bag bug or secure so put it where it will remain for its use. This can hold all jewelry, talismans you have.
Mind you I for one hope this limit is a bug and will go away... it is not my idea of a good thing to allow 500 items and not be able to put it in a secure or bug for moving.
There is also on some of your already made accounts characters that you do not use much you can use a blue bug and have them hold things also.
An unused character can with bank and bug and pouch hold nearly 3 full secures and it the account is 20 40 or 60 % storage buff on house the bank will hold more.
Keep a spread sheet of who has what and on what account and your golden.
Best off these are paid accounts (assuming you bounce the time on by the way you stated) You can at some time get to these items once in a while.

Hope this helps answer your questions and gives you some options.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks a lot Lady Storm for the time and effort in typing that all out! The rumour and hearsay bit, although impossible to verify, was exactly what we needed to know, we'll just pay that 1st month and do away with all the doubts.
As for using those unused chars, we used the 6th account exactly like that for a few years, with chars full of items in bag, bank and beetle. But with the taming changes we started to use that account more and thus had to move things into our homes. Which makes nearly everything unplayable by now. The jewelry boxes we still have to start using, and they will solve part of the issues, but we hope to fill them up with some organisation to it, and not completely random. Which will take too much time for a while to come. So the new account will be the easiest and best solution we think.
Thanks again!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your very welcome Tabby.
I do understand storage issues, even with 54 accounts at my finger tips I still find storage a big issue.
Its very difficult to house 6 to 7 characters in 1 house much less store their goodies. Makes me miss the old days when each char had its own house.. there was no squabbling over space or who owned what junk....
Oh btw you can use vendors too for bags, books, and a few assorted items that can be made no sale. As always you can store Bod books too there *remember to use the escape key to put the not for sale tag on*