• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] question about the fishing skill and soulstones

• Thread starter aceheart1976
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

aceheart1976

after doing lots of quests, i was wondering if i soulstone the skill for a short amount of time will i lose my reputation from the fish mongers?
i heard something about this in game but want to know from others that may have tried this or an actual Dev that knows for sure

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately this is a question among several others related to fishing orders and fishing, without a certain answer at this time.

It would certainly be welcomed if the Developers answered it because I would imagine quite several fishermen might be concerned about it. Yet, it has been asked several times already but, that I know of, no official answer has been given as of yet.

Building up reputation with the fish mongers is not a trivial thing, some players have done already hundreds upon hundreds of fishing orders over weeks if not months of time spent in the game and losing all that work over soulstoning the fishing skill would be quite upsetting, I think.

G

Gowron

Based on the response that the Devs did give, I would say that soulstoning fishing should not impact your reputation.

According to the Devs, the only thing that reduces the reputation of a fisher is canceling orders already received.

Of course, I don't know of any experiences of any players actually soulstoning fishing skills, so I don't consider it fully definitive.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am pretty sure it doesnt effect it.
i keep it stoned and i still get orders for 20 or so

Lorddog

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow thats good news Lord Dog. I thought my bard was doomed forever. ;)

I used my bard for fishing because that account had the HS booster while the fisher account didn't at that time. When the rumors spread that you lose points and have to start over i thought i'd have to stick to fishing until i got enough 120 scrolls for all my fishers. No i can stone the skill and be a full bard again when iam out hunting. No more wasted points.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am pretty sure it doesnt effect it.
i keep it stoned and i still get orders for 20 or so

Lorddog

I am sorry but I still think an official word about it from the developers is needed.

The matter is rather important as it takes hundreds of fishing orders to build up solid reputation and I just think that the issue deserves an official statement about it.

It beats me why we have not yet had any official word from the Developers about it.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just can't imagine why the Devs would program this in, so wouldn't feel worried about doing it.

Fishing is needed to catch the fish, I don't even think the mongers do a skill check on requesting a quest!

B

Beastmaster

The fishmongers do look at your skill. If they didn't you would be getting dungeon fish requests before you were capable of catching them, which never happened.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fishmongers do look at your skill. If they didn't you would be getting dungeon fish requests before you were capable of catching them, which never happened.
Guess so, I assumed that would rely on loyalty though.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have soulstoned fishing a number of times and put it back on to obtain quests and fill them. I do not see that it resulted in loss of reputation judging from the orders I received. Since my Fishing is still 100 I have not gotten dungeon fish orders yet.
It may make a difference if you accept a quest order without the skill on your character at the time as to what you get and that would make sense. But otherwise I have only taken a loss in rep. when I had to cancel an order (a nice one too) because I needed to dry dock my ship for a few days. I play on Seige so unnattended vessels are in danger of being scuttled.