• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about snakes...

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've decided to roll an EJ account and created a toon that will help me to train healing on my pet by using 5 snakes as someone here suggested :p .... Today they finally get bonded and i started to build em up but here's the weird thing. Basically 4 out of 5 improved their stats (the ones who also had their meditation/focus rising up) and 1 its just sitting on his *****ty 17 mana. Does anybody have an answer??? Should i replace that gimped snake? Thank you guys ;)

Ok i've been feeling stupid but, believe it or not, few minutes after i wrote this message it looks like that snake got over the issue... Is there maybe a skill "wall" before pets raise up their stats?

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I've decided to roll an EJ account and created a toon that will help me to train healing on my pet by using 5 snakes as someone here suggested :p .... Today they finally get bonded and i started to build em up but here's the weird thing. Basically 4 out of 5 improved their stats (the ones who also had their meditation/focus rising up) and 1 its just sitting on his *****ty 17 mana. Does anybody have an answer??? Should i replace that gimped snake? Thank you guys ;)
Try this; next time you get the snakes out of the stable, take the gimped one out first. Several people have noticed that with multiple pets the first one out gets targeted more often. This could possibly make a difference.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hope that works for you. You'll likely need to mix up the order you take them out throughout their training so all of them keep gaining.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They were all gaining skill wise, the only issue was about the stats of that 1 snake :p I'll mix em up tho for the next run ;)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My guess would just be bad RNG. In order for a pet to gain Mana, they need to gain Int (this applies to <125 stat pets). In order for the pet to gain Int, it needs to get an RNG stat gain based off of a skill gain (Anatomy, Med, Focus raising can have a chance to gain Int, Focus will only raise Int if Dex is capped though). However, the chance to gain a stat while still gaining skill is very low. If your pet hits GM Med or Focus, you will see Dex/Int start raising very fast because the skill gains are now directed to stat gains instead.

So essentially your pet needs to use abilities, which uses mana, which allows for mana regeneration, which can skill meditation, which can then raise Int (phew, what a chain of events!)

One trick you can do if your pet is being stubborn. Tell your pet to Stop/Stay, pop a whisper, then cast Mana Vampire on it every couple of seconds. You will remove its mana, forcing it to regen and gain med/focus. You should see a few Int/Mana gains during this time, but they will still be slow until Med hits 100, then they should speed up greatly.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the detailed explanation @Khyro, being an EJ account it doesn't have access to masteries but i will use the Mana Vampire trick which looks so smart ;)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the detailed explanation @Khyro, being an EJ account it doesn't have access to masteries but i will use the Mana Vampire trick which looks so smart ;)
BTW, EJ accounts can use Masteries, you just need to have Time of Legends applied to your account :)

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yep that's what i meant, didnt intend to give a false info. I just dont wanna buy the expansion for a semi-useless toon hehehehehehehe