• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Smithing Slayers,or lack thereof

G

Oh.....
My........
God..........

Am I just dumb in thinking I can make a Demon slayer kryss/warfork? I`ve used 6 copper hammers 20+ dull copper 3 shadows and one bronze hammer and have yet to get a demon slayer of ANY kind,not one.Lots of reptile/repond and various others but...DAMN!!!

I`m currently lil under 105 skill but use a +30 ASH in my attempts with any runic I may be using.Maybe I am wasting my time with the runics I mentioned? I thought ya had a chance at any slayer with any runic? Man,I can not be this unlucky,but than again.......

Anything I can do (besides the obvious,skilling up) to improve my chances? Or just keep pluggin along with DC`s till I get one?

Thanks!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It taks alot of patience to get the right Slayer weapon, even more if its a daemon one. Don't give up. I made a few with dull copper runics before.

I'm going to try to make more as soon the new publish is live on the shards.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The odds of getting a Super Slayer are around 1 out of 1,000. Since Bronze Hammers give you 3 properties, it takes an average of about 10 Bronze hammers to get 1 Super Slayer. For the rest of the hammers:

DC: (average of 1.5 properties per swing and 50 swings per hammer = 75 properties per hammer, so) 13 hammers.
Shadow: 11 hammers
Copper: 10 hammers (this appears to be the sweet spot if you are just after Super Slayers)
Bronze: 10 hammers
Gold: 10 hammers
Agapite: 10 hammers
Verite: 11 hammers
Valorite: 13 Hammers

Multiply the number hammers times the number of Super Slayers (6) and that would give you the average number of hammers to get a full set of slayers.

All that being said, I've seen the UO RNG play havoc with those numbers.

Also, please note that neither your smith skill, nor the ASH make any difference in the odds of getting a Super Slayer. They only effect your success rate at crafting a item and your chance at exceptional quality.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Newb question alert *Grins*

How can you use an ASH hammer AND a runic hammer at the same time???

G

I use both at same time,by first equipping the ASH in hand,than I dbl click the runic I want to use for w/e I`m making. That way I use 1 charge off both hammers.

Maybe its a waste,but hey....I`m still relearnin this game and still want my demonslayer!,lol

I`d gladly buy one off someone on LS.I don`t care bout mods,long as its at least 35 DI.Luv one with mana leach or life leach,but at this point I`m not picky.

Just need a warfork,kryss or a spear,short/long doesn`t matter but would MUCH rather have a one hander.

G

you should wait a few days before burning up anymore hammers

Atleast until the next publish is live.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, it be the RNG! It knows what ya wish to get!! It be evil!!!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Arrrr, it be the RNG! It knows what ya wish to get!! It be evil!!!

[/ QUOTE ]So true! It knowssssss what you wannnnttt! Run! Hide! But you can't escape the RNG!!!! *ahhhhh!!!!*