• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question About Skills.

G

Hi I'm a newbie and I just started playing yesterday. My dad has played for many years so I got involved too and of course he helps me. I'm a Necromancer and I was wondering about skills. I was told I should focus on 7 skills, in my case: Necro, Meditation, Swordsmanship, Magery, Eval In, and Spirit Speak. I'm working on those now. But when you max those skills to GM levels can you work on other skills like smithing for example without lowering your other skills? Pls answer me soon, Thx.

Delfer, Catskills

G

No,

Welcome to the forums. You can have any number of skills that you wish on your character, but the total for all your skills can only add up to 700 (720 for a 4 year account). So to have necro with the skills you list, you can have each at gm level (100) for the 700 skills total. If you want to work blacksmithing on this character, you need to do one of two things: soulstone off one or more skills to make room or point one of the skills down (you will lose this skill as your blacksmithing rises). You should have 5 other character slots available if you are playing on a new account. If you are just using your dads account and you only have 1 character slot, will you need to have a talk with your dad about the characters on that acccount. Good luck, have fun. welcome to UO.

G

Thx for clearing things up I understand it perfectly now.

G

Glad to help!

do not be afraid to ask questions here, many people, at least in this forum are here to help.

If you need more indepth help, you can also ask in the forum for your shard, maybe? Or if you still can not get any answer shoot me a pm here, I read the forums nearly everyday. I have p(l)ayed UO for nearly 10 years (started 6 months after release) and while I do not know everything, I believe that I know enough to assist the new folk. Because with new p(l)ayers UO will die, and I enjoy it too much to see it end.
So if I can be of any further assistance, just ask!