• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about scribe

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive worked scribe up many times to use the added resist bonus's. I just worked it for my bushido vamp warrior. I put the spells on ra and ma put my suit back on and my resists were exactly the same... Did they somehow change this?

My guy is in vamp form and uses protection he is also an elf. Did they somehow change this? Ive now casted it over and over 3-4 times with the same results. Can anyone help with this?

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what are u talking about check my math? Ive done this countless times on my dexers i put scribe on and get the resist bonus. Some of my suits are worked around this. w/o the scribe on and ra and mr on im at 70/67/70/64/75 with scribe and mr and ra cast im at the exact same. So again what do you mean check my math?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still works for me.
reactive armor +20 -5
magic reflect -20 +10

= +5 to all elemental resists if casted together.

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what i was hoping for it would put me almost all 70s but its not working ill have to play with it tomorrow. My other characters its all working for to. This one is my only elf. Dunno.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Reactive Armor: Increases caster's Physical Resistance by ((Inscription / 20) + 15) points, decreases caster's Fire, Cold, Energy and Poison Resistance by 5 points each.

Magic Reflect: Decreases caster's Physical Resistance by (25 - (Inscription / 20)) points, increases caster's Fire, Cold, Energy and Poison Resistance by 10 points each. Almost opposite of Reactive Armor spell.

My char ... starting at 69 Phys Resit ... casts RA .. oooooooo! 70 !
leaving that inplace ... casts Magic reflect .... awwww ... back to 69 ...
RA again to remove ... ouch ! 49
MR to remove ... *whew* back to 69 ...
(100 scribe btw ... )

JUST physical though ...
cause in my *skivies* .... I'm at all 40's across the board ...(Magic resist)

yeah .... dude ...
check your math
(and your SURE your energy resist is showing 75 ? just saying ... when my cast of RA added 1 point to my 69, for 70, the +20 points Phys should have boosted me to 89?)
*shrugs*
I don't think so ...(show any number > 70) ... its a math thing ...
A guessy math thing ... cause ... not til now have you given ANY numbers to work with .. ya know ... template wise, race ...

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell are you talkinga bout i can hardly read anything your post. wtf is with all ......

Anyways with Gm scribe if you cast both of the spells magic reflect and reactive armor it gives +5 to elemental resists. Theres no math needed. That means if before i didnt have scribe and cast them and then i get scribe and cast them i should get a boost in all elemental resists. Its been this way for a very long time.

My template should have nothing to do with it. Ive used this on mages/necros/archers/tamers hell even my smith has it because its 5 free resists that you can use them, then stone off scribe. The only differenceis this is my only elf unless thats the problem i have no clue whats going on.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done this on many templates as well. I havent done it recently. Lemme get my elf dexxer and check if she still has it.

::insert elevator music here::

Shoot forgot she only has magic reflect now, please hold....

::more elevator music::

Ok my elven mage currently has both casted, and nakid i have +5 to all elemental resists. My best guess for you is that perhaps with the recent pub once you remove scribe you dont get same benefits. As far as i know the added 5 resists to elemental resits is a bug, as you SHOULD have scribe on your character to keep these.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell are you talkinga bout i can hardly read anything your post. wtf is with all ......

Anyways with Gm scribe if you cast both of the spells magic reflect and reactive armor it gives +5 to elemental resists. Theres no math needed. That means if before i didnt have scribe and cast them and then i get scribe and cast them i should get a boost in all elemental resists. Its been this way for a very long time.

My template should have nothing to do with it. Ive used this on mages/necros/archers/tamers hell even my smith has it because its 5 free resists that you can use them, then stone off scribe. The only differenceis this is my only elf unless thats the problem i have no clue whats going on.

Maybe the problem is that you are just too good at PvP...and you can't fit deductive reasoning, and inductive reasoning, into your template...as an elf I mean...maybe you need JOT?

Just sayin'...

:lame:

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell are you talking about? Nice troll. Next time when i have a question about who can add the most.......................................................maybe you can reply then?

As for the people replying I didnt take scribe off because i noticed it didnt work. I tried it 3/4 times killed myself a cpl times and still no changes. This was the first time id worked scribe on that account so i know i didnt already have the bonuses. Its just weird i just redid it on my archer to see if it was the new patch and nope his resists are all perfect with scribe stoned on then off. Maybe character is just bugged or something.

F

Fayled Dhreams

See? couple of easy answers and .... whala! easy to assume that your char is bugged ...
(provided that your "other char" ... {just redid it on my archer } is also an elf)
Taking the scribe on and off and dieing several times (still assuming that there's no magic resist on char)
whala! easy to assume that your char is bugged ...

While "clever"; putting two opposing spells on to get +5 elemental resists ... seem kinda a waste of 100 skill points ...
but ...
as long as it works for you ...

And having received some free practice 'splaining the problem ...

OFF! to the Que with you !

yw :cursing: