• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about returning players

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My husband and I are returning to the game and as of the last time we were here a 70’s suit was was what was needed to do most anything in game. Having said that, how difficult now would the new quests like theThe Zealotry of Zipactriotl and Myrmidex Pit be for 2 tamers or 2 warrior types cross healing? Reading, there are krakens and such involved which previously were no easy task before. Would we need to buy all new suits, and if so at about what expense? Would really love to do some of the stuff in game we have never done before. Thanks all

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your suits are fine and the new loot system makes it ludicrously easy to upgrade them further, if you're willing to use brittle (non-powderable), prized (high-insurance), cursed (non-insurable), or antique (damage quicker) pieces.

Then there's reforging, which can make really nice suit pieces.

The pit isn't all that hard as long as you have good suits and the ability to invis. Provo really helps. All you need to do is damage the other side - if you do 1-2 hits on one of the other side's (the humans, if doing Zipacriotl) spawn, for your side to gain credit for killing it when it dies. so, you wound a bunch of them (with an AoE spell or Whirlwind), then let the bugs do most of the work. The archers are the only really difficult parts.

The Zippy quest requires a mid-range T-hunter to dig the map, and the killing sea creatures part is easy (some of the creatures can be killed from just off-shore of Jhelom, or hugging the coast from Honor Shrine down to the island with Valor shrine). Green net tosses (or the dredging hooks from a quest gotten in Trinsic) han speed things up considerably.

The issues with the pit and Zippy quest involve the TIME needed to complete the parts, far more than the difficulty of the parts.

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok thank you so, so much Basara! Sounds like it wont be too hard to do some adding onto our suits. Is there a new resist cap besides 70 (does that even make sense lol?). But yes, so excited now to run some new content!!! Thanks again.

We are on the Lake Superior shard.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cross healing beats everything. Just be careful of using chivalry in a mix of mobs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

We are on the Lake Superior shard.
Welcome Home

Turn on Gen Chat. We just did the pit about an hour ago. We were inviting anyone who wanted to go. (the first part of the Zippy quest)

Next time you are on and see Allen in chat, holler and Ill tell you about the great things we can do with our pets now.

This is a great time to return.:)

North_LS

Journeyman
I'm another lake superior expat who's just come back. the biggest shock for me was just how good the modern loot drops are - things i throw away as junk now are better than top of the line armor pieces were when i left. it's still a challenge to put together a suit with everything you want exactly the way you want on it, but its a breeze to put together something usable.

Welcome home - with all the additions and changes to the game, it still really does feel like 'home' to me.

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the offers all, I will keep chat open and jump in if I see something going on. :)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can get 5% more phys resist riding a armored swamp dragon.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
RE: Resist caps

If you wear a non-med suit, there's a form of passive LMC with the non-med pieces now- and there are "refinements" that can be applied to non-med armor by Imbuers (come from t-maps, SOS and boss corpses) that can either raise your suit cap in a resist (while lowering your DCI cap), or raise your DCI cap (at the expense of your resists cap). Plus, Elves already have a higher Energy Resist cap (75%), and there is a Mysticism "Stone Form" spell that can raise your resists (up to 5 over cap) and make you immune to most poisons when in use, based on your Mysticism skill.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
RE: Resist caps

If you wear a non-med suit, there's a form of passive LMC with the non-med pieces now- and there are "refinements" that can be applied to non-med armor by Imbuers (come from t-maps, SOS and boss corpses) that can either raise your suit cap in a resist (while lowering your DCI cap), or raise your DCI cap (at the expense of your resists cap). Plus, Elves already have a higher Energy Resist cap (75%), and there is a Mysticism "Stone Form" spell that can raise your resists (up to 5 over cap) and make you immune to most poisons when in use, based on your Mysticism skill.
I like figuring stuff out in video games, but it's stuff like this that is just stupid not to be able to easily find in game.