• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question About Poisoning

• Thread starter The Pink Ninja
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

The Pink Ninja

Hello, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but. . .

If my mage still takes up the poisoning skill, can he still cast greater levels of poison? I've been gone a while and checked the detailed skills pages and such and haven't seen anything on it. If you know i would much appreciate an answer, thank you for your time.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
makes your poison fields interesting at gm if that helps!!

If my mage still takes up the poisoning skill, can he still cast greater levels of poison? I've been gone a while and checked the detailed skills pages and such and haven't seen anything on it. If you know i would much appreciate an answer, thank you for your time.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Welcome back! As far as I know, Nox Mages haven't changed in this aspect.

The best way to find out for sure is to head over to Test Center and make a character that has the same template with just max in the skills you want to max your original character in then go and test the spells.

In case you have been gone a really long time and do not recall, just type "help" when you log into Test Center to be shown how to change your skills and stats. It is quite easy, for example, just type "set poisoning 1000" without the quotes to set your Poisoning to 100.0 - the "help" screens will show you all the correct spellings for the skills as they are used in the set commands.

T

The Pink Ninja

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense thank you very much. I didn't even think of that. Thank you :)

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main on Pac for years has been a Nox Mage.

You need a combined total of 200 poisoning and magery skill points to be able to lay DP fields.

Also the level of your poisoning skill will effect your poison spell, but that also takes into account how close you are to your target. If you're standing right next to them it will hit them with DP. The strength of the poison is reduced the further away you are.