• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question about peace taming

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i were to try taming a cu sidhe for example and peaced it, would angering it on the tame attempt break peace causing it to attack and kill me?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, your peacemaking overrides the anger. Back when I played a bard, I would frequently accompany tamers to help them with their rune beetles or cu sidhe (greater dragons didn't exist at the time). It's much easier and quicker if they don't have to run.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so using peacemaking is basically the same as using paralyze right? in terms of using it on monsters that anger while trying to tame

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's similar, but doesn't result in the 4% skill loss penalty. So you could peace a keeper pet without any penalty, but not para tame it.

That said, I've never found it all that great when others peaced for me, even at 120 skill. Peaced critters do that random walk around thing, then when it suddenly runs out you can find yourself rapidly chomped on if you mistakenly moved to follow the pup. I find para at least pins the dog in one place so you're more able to focus on taming and counting out the timer.

Wenchy

M

MoneyMaker

speaking as a peace/tamer myself, peacing a Cu and trying to tame it is not very easy.
For one thing you tend to fail a bit (even at 120 peace and 120 music), which is not bad if your not actively trying to tame at that moment, but not so great when your in the middle of a tame. (meaning you better run).
honoring yourself and peacing (to keep them from moving to much) is probably the easiest way to go and doesn't take any extra skill (honor is a virtue, which does take a bit of time to get up.)
But as i have often said, this is just my opinion, there are alot of other options out there.:D

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so failing a peace attempt will cause it to attack me?

also cant i just cast invisibility if my attempt results in angering it? peaced or not

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Failing to peace a passive critter won't result in it attacking you. It's the anger message stage that turns a cu aggressive.

When you para or peace a pup, the intention is to stop it attacking you when it's in the angry stage.

I don't invis if I just get the anger message, the cu isn't going to attack you for the duration of the para or peace. You just get attacked if you're too close when it wears off and the beast is angered.

I invis when I've started a tame attempt because that's the time consuming stage. While you're waiting for the tame attempt to complete you can't para the pup because it would become to angry to continue taming, and you can't peace it because there's a skill delay. So the most logical time to invis is when you see that blue text pop up and then you'll just need to stay by the pup until you either succeed or fail the attempt.

So basically:

1.Peace or para cu
2. Hold down tame last target key until the peace or para is due to wear off or you start taming
3. [repeat 1-2 until you start a tame attempt]
4. Once you start to tame cast invis on yourself

Repeat steps 1-4 till you succeed.

Wenchy

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
peace tamer is wasted 240 skill points Honor self tame greater dragon take to stable Done Cu's Bring along 100 invis potions drink potion as you hear glug glug hit tame macro when you go invisible you have target up and try to tame dog usually 20 potions i tame the beasty and not once am i served up as kibble.

and hey your helping your local alcamist to boot buying a less used potion type! or make them yourself either way its less bother for cu's then peace tameing if you want it to stay put use herding use crook target cu if success target self and now it won't wander off on ya.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you tamers for real?!?! Get on a horse or any other mount and just lead tame it. I mean com'on. Anything that doesn't throw a fireball or cast magic can be lead tamed VERY easy. No healing no pots no peace blah blah blah. Play you tamer better.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's keep the discussion civil and respectful, this isn't UHall.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a creature is peaced and you fail the tame, you anger it. This does NOT break the peace. If you move a few steps (and it will be outside your ability to try to tame) the creature is still angry bugf generally speaking can do squat about it until peace wears off OR you get back in range. Even then the creature will move noticeably slower4 towards you.

Just my opinion, but using all the tricks in the world (except para-taming) on a Cu is just .... going to take you longer. Get that Cu up into the green pasture and stay a few steps ahead of him, when you get a tame cycle going, put a couple more steps between you and the Cu.

Again just my opinion, but the Cu is just to easy to tame to do any thing fancy, except the para-tame and I have never seen it have any adverse effect on the tamed Cu.

I have two accounts and two Tamers.

BOTH have Honor to the max.

One is a stealther and the other is a peacer.

I use the Named Gator to max out Honor.

I use Honor on Greater Dragons (mostly the stealther). Everything else I tend to just lead tame, except Hyru's and those guys I just beat the crap out of them and peace them and they are as slow as molasses in January. Well come to think of it, most of the other caster tamebles I do that to, the beat the crap out of them and peace them.

U

uoBuoY

It has been several years since I tamed my 2 Cus but I seem to remember that if I Peaced a Cu and then started a tame, the Peace broke immediately. Was this change or a case of faulty memory?