• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about overlapped Cu Sidhe

gregor

Visitor
I’ve got a question I was hoping somebody could clear up about a Cu I stumbled across this morning. I’m back from a long break so I’m still trying to absorb a lot of info, esp. the changes to taming. I’ve been working my stable up slowly bringing in pets that are reasonably high intensity. I’ve had good luck with LH’s, Naja’s, and Reptalons, finding some really nice pets so far. Most of the time I’m all alone when taming but Twisted Weald is the exception and it’s pretty common to see people there turning spawn looking for Cu’s or farming swoop.
This morning I popped in to check the spawn and there was a tamer farming swoop who I’ve seen there several times. Today I decided to lore her dog just for the heck of it and I got a little bit of a shock; He seems to have had stats way above what should be possible for a CU. I have screenshots but I’m not we’ll versed in posting those so I’ll just rattle off the stats:
HP:825
Stam/Dex: 150
Int: 370
Mana: 1500
Resists were 80/80/73/52/80
Regens were 20/30/30
Damage was capped 24-33
Build was Chiv/AI
He had 9x 120 scrolls added, Wrestle, Tact, Resist, Anat, Parry, Med, Focus, Heal, Chiv.

When I plug all this into a pet intensity calculator, he’s over 1000 points over capped even if he started with perfect stats. How’s that possible? Did Cu’s spawn at some point as 2 slot? That would explain the extra points. EM/event prize? I’m obviously just guessing, I don’t have a clue which is why I’m here hoping somebody can shed light on it for me.

Thanks in advance.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was
I’ve got a question I was hoping somebody could clear up about a Cu I stumbled across this morning. I’m back from a long break so I’m still trying to absorb a lot of info, esp. the changes to taming. I’ve been working my stable up slowly bringing in pets that are reasonably high intensity. I’ve had good luck with LH’s, Naja’s, and Reptalons, finding some really nice pets so far. Most of the time I’m all alone when taming but Twisted Weald is the exception and it’s pretty common to see people there turning spawn looking for Cu’s or farming swoop.
This morning I popped in to check the spawn and there was a tamer farming swoop who I’ve seen there several times. Today I decided to lore her dog just for the heck of it and I got a little bit of a shock; He seems to have had stats way above what should be possible for a CU. I have screenshots but I’m not we’ll versed in posting those so I’ll just rattle off the stats:
HP:825
Stam/Dex: 150
Int: 370
Mana: 1500
Resists were 80/80/73/52/80
Regens were 20/30/30
Damage was capped 24-33
Build was Chiv/AI
He had 9x 120 scrolls added, Wrestle, Tact, Resist, Anat, Parry, Med, Focus, Heal, Chiv.

When I plug all this into a pet intensity calculator, he’s over 1000 points over capped even if he started with perfect stats. How’s that possible? Did Cu’s spawn at some point as 2 slot? That would explain the extra points. EM/event prize? I’m obviously just guessing, I don’t have a clue which is why I’m here hoping somebody can shed light on it for me.

Thanks in advance.
Was the tamer a bard running a mastery?? Maybe the pet ate a tasty treat?

gregor

Visitor
Was on LS. The tamer was a lady Anna something, the dog was a bronze Cu named Chico. Next time I’ll just ask them I guess.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's definitely a stat-exploited pet. I've seen Cu Sidhes, Tritons, and Rune Beetles that evaded the stat-reroll patch that was supposed to nerf these exploited pets.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's definitely a stat-exploited pet. I've seen Cu Sidhes, Tritons, and Rune Beetles that evaded the stat-reroll patch that was supposed to nerf these exploited pets.
You mean the Patch that quite recently, within the last few months, if I recall correctly (not sure which # Publish), was supposed to precisely bring these exploited pets within "normal" stats?

It did not work or, at least, it did not work for all exploited pets ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean the Patch that quite recently, within the last few months, if I recall correctly (not sure which # Publish), was supposed to precisely bring these exploited pets within "normal" stats?

It did not work or, at least, it did not work for all exploited pets ?
The last patch fixed the targeted pets that had higher than Capped values.

It also reverted exploited 1 slot pets like Swamp dragons, Wolf Spiders, and Blood Foxes.
No more 800+ HP Banes etc.

That patch was not intended to do more.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last patch fixed the targeted pets that had higher than Capped values.

It also reverted exploited 1 slot pets like Swamp dragons, Wolf Spiders, and Blood Foxes.
No more 800+ HP Banes etc.

That patch was not intended to do more.
So, I am not sure what "other" type of Pets' exploits are out there that the developers did not address with the last patch ?

And why were they not addressed ?

Perhaps because the Developers are not aware of their existance ?

gregor

Visitor
I’d like to take a minute and say thanks to a few of the people who have replied to this thread. Taming is the main reason I ended up back in UO after a decade away and over the last few months I’ve been lurking these forums trying to catch back up all the info I missed. Pawain, PlayerSkill, I’ve read quite a few posts from the both of you that left me with info I am slowly trying to integrate into my builds.
Thanks to you and many other members of the taming community who have shared info on these forums that allows old timers like me to jump back in and not be completely lost. Much appreciated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’d like to take a minute and say thanks to a few of the people who have replied to this thread. Taming is the main reason I ended up back in UO after a decade away and over the last few months I’ve been lurking these forums trying to catch back up all the info I missed. Pawain, PlayerSkill, I’ve read quite a few posts from the both of you that left me with info I am slowly trying to integrate into my builds.
Thanks to you and many other members of the taming community who have shared info on these forums that allows old timers like me to jump back in and not be completely lost. Much appreciated.
Make a new thread.
Post the stats of your next pet type, what you want to turn it into, and we can make you a guide.

Unless you are using a pet that no longer spawns, and want to put crazy stuff on it, we will let you make anything without complaint.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, I am not sure what "other" type of Pets' exploits are out there that the developers did not address with the last patch ?

And why were they not addressed ?

Perhaps because the Developers are not aware of their existence ?
The devs are aware. They patched it to stop it from happening again. Those are from the first round of Exploits. The fixing of that exploit caused Returning players Cus and Hiryus to be 4 slot, Dragons to jump to 4 slot, Beetles to be 3 slot. That Cu was made in around December after the first year of the revamp. I know Chico.

Also I bet that fix caused the Wilfire Ostard to not be able to have the stats of a Bane at 3 slots.

If they addressed the living pets, other innocent pets would revert. Because that Cu is not out of paramaters for a pet. A Reptalon, a Tiger, a Frost mite can have stats similar to those. Tigers cant get a magic but you can find them to where you can maxx everything and have to push the red diamond because you can't add more.

They have fixed pets slot dropping as far as I can can tell now.

Last edited:

gregor

Visitor
Make a new thread.
Post the stats of your next pet type, what you want to turn it into, and we can make you a guide.

Unless you are using a pet that no longer spawns, and want to put crazy stuff on it, we will let you make anything without complaint.
Thanks for the offer. I think I’m in pretty good shape for now. The help I needed was just the basics of advance pet training, what the various pet skills do, how they combine, NOT to add Magic skill first, saving training points for scrolls… little things that I’d otherwise have to learn the hard way. The trial and error you guys went through a few years ago and sharing that info definitely makes things easier for the new or returning players who read the forums.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the offer. I think I’m in pretty good shape for now. The help I needed was just the basics of advance pet training, what the various pet skills do, how they combine, NOT to add Magic skill first, saving training points for scrolls… little things that I’d otherwise have to learn the hard way. The trial and error you guys went through a few years ago and sharing that info definitely makes things easier for the new or returning players who read the forums.
Uo.cah

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was on LS. The tamer was a lady Anna something, the dog was a bronze Cu named Chico. Next time I’ll just ask them I guess.
I've seen this pet at events and it's definitely expoilted as others said. If you ever attend any EM events on LS you'll see several of these cu sidhes.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen this pet at events and it's definitely expoilted as others said. If you ever attend any EM events on LS you'll see several of these cu sidhes.
That pet is going to be dead most of the time if the EM starts using bosses with Zipactriotl's Mana Burn ability. With 1,500 Mana, Mana Burn would deal 1,500 damage to that Cu, almost twice it's max Health. One reason i don't suggest going over 300 Mana on most pets.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Broadsword usually dont post full patch notes concerning exploit / dupe fixes until after patch is released.
We'll see if they'll end up nerfing exploit pets more in this or coming patches.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Broadsword usually dont post full patch notes concerning exploit / dupe fixes until after patch is released.
We'll see if they'll end up nerfing exploit pets more in this or coming patches.
The method of creating them is being fixed. Previously they tried fixing it by making buffs/debuffs be dispelled from a pet when it's released. Then a loophole was found, that pet's would retain buffs/debuffs when going wild. So people would buff/debuff their pet, soulstone off Taming, give the pet commands until it'd go wild, then re-stone on Taming and re-tame it. Boom, stat-bugged pet. Pets will no longer go wild at all after Patch 111.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The method of creating them is being fixed. Previously they tried fixing it by making buffs/debuffs be dispelled from a pet when it's released. Then a loophole was found, that pet's would retain buffs/debuffs when going wild. So people would buff/debuff their pet, soulstone off Taming, give the pet commands until it'd go wild, then re-stone on Taming and re-tame it. Boom, stat-bugged pet. Pets will no longer go wild at all after Patch 111.
Afaik this particular exploit was fixed a while ago.
So the "no longer going wild" is probably more related to the lost pets recently.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Afaik this particular exploit was fixed a while ago.
So the "no longer going wild" is probably more related to the lost pets recently.
At the least, it means Tamers don't need to be so deathly afraid of being discorded by Satyrs or Travesty, or Juo'nar's "Necrotic Touch" ability (that functions like temporary Discord, lowering skills). I frequently run Blackthorn Captains as a guild hunt, and whenever it's Fey Spawn, i have to make sure to tell the Tamers that if they get discorded by a Satyr, do NOT command their pet.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At the least, it means Tamers don't need to be so deathly afraid of being discorded by Satyrs or Travesty, or Juo'nar's "Necrotic Touch" ability (that functions like temporary Discord, lowering skills). I frequently run Blackthorn Captains as a guild hunt, and whenever it's Fey Spawn, i have to make sure to tell the Tamers that if they get discorded by a Satyr, do NOT command their pet.
Correct.
We'll see if this also fixes odd pet disappearance with zoning in dungeons.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
These conditions are terrible the fact they don't show on the debuff bar is unacceptable..