• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about mana regen and meditation?

• Thread starter SpaceYourFace
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
S

SpaceYourFace

Im trying to fit wrestling on my necro mage and was wondering if you can stack enough mana regen to be able to drop meditation and still pvp. Or mabe drop it down to about 60 or 70. Do you get much use out of it if its only 60 or 70.

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60 meditation is worth 0.45 mana per second.
70 meditation is worth 0.55 mana per second.

There is a calculator that I believe if still correct. Search for "UO Mana Regeneration Calculator" on google.

G

Gelf

hmm thought the one on stratics was correct,

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/meditation.php

one thing to consider is whether ur human or elf, as human u get joat(jack of all trades) so u get 20 med plus 20 focus which is 3mr and 2sr plus int bonus.
also if ur mr from items goes above 10(not quite sure of exact number) it only gives u a percentage of total. and lich form is considered item based as well, i believe.

V

Vaneca

If you want to go for wrestling you need to either lower meditation or get rid of resist.
since you wanna pvp you might try to consider other options.
1. 100 Anatomy
2. Mage Wepon - so you got all points free for meditation

Ofc if you want to use wrestling specials none of this will help, but I´d go for magewepon.

Its the only "easy" and reliable way to get 6x 120 Necro Mage with Resist and Meditation.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a lot of experience in this field.

It really depends on what you are trying to do. If you are going to be dueling, or a lot of 1 v 1 against other well equipped players (post/apples/etc) then there is no substitute for 120 med.

If you are going to be group fighting and you serve a specific role then yes, 70 or 60 med is doable with 40 lmc and 9 MR.

G

Green Meanie

just to add to what link said on thoughs two chars i do ok 1v1 but there are times when im just buying time to get some manna and do think that 120 med would do alot of good unfortuanly im normaly doing 3-4 v me so i droped alot of medi to add some survivability to my temp

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DON'T USE NOXINS WEBSITE!!!

that link actually contains a trojan, probably that site has been hacked because I used it not much time ago... :(

N

NickyDishes

yup a high risk one too i got it and luckily got rid of it

S

Stupid Miner

hmm thought the one on stratics was correct,

http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/meditation.php

one thing to consider is whether ur human or elf, as human u get joat(jack of all trades) so u get 20 med plus 20 focus which is 3mr and 2sr plus int bonus.
also if ur mr from items goes above 10(not quite sure of exact number) it only gives u a percentage of total. and lich form is considered item based as well, i believe.
Can confirm the Stratics Med calculator is broken. (there're several sets of numbers out there, no idea which is right)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What items are giving your MR? I've been building the suit for my parry-mage. He's got 100 med after items with +med items, all 70s, 100 LRC, and 40 LMC... But only 2 MR and that is from my Conjurer's Garb. So I don't think it will work until I find a way to get more MR. I wanted to use an RBC, but that killed my resists. That is probably part of the solution, but it means I need to revamp my arms, gloves, and mempo.

BTW, I am running non-faction gear.

-OBSIDIAN-